FTR Video?

• JeffBerg
    Minnetrista, MN

How much longer until the video release party? If you need a test audience I’d be glad to help – Free!

cutty

Slow-Rooler: Super Doo is the type of hair cut most of us big time river fishermen/women wear. Doo yourself and get one today!!!

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Jeff,

We are still shooting for end of Feb to middle of March deadline. The end of Feb is our goal but it is looking like the middle of March is going to be a more realistic goal for us. We want things to be just perfect before the release

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Can you add my name to the list of people wanting the video?

lakeskipper
    Anoka, MN

You can add my name to the list also please.
    Thanks,
    Lakeskipper

MikeHuppert
    Western Wisconsin

OK Dustin, I have cabin fever big-time and could use one of those tapes NOW! I had an chance to fish with James a few weeks back and all I can say I’m hooked on plastics, it was a awesome experience, I can’t believe how aggresive walleyes can be in such lethargic conditions! I did well on live bait earlier in that day but the fish were hardly aggresive to say the least, not so with plastics, they would attack with vengance consuming the entire package! Fisherpeople, you guys (that means gals too) are in for a treat, BIG TIME!

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Mike, I truly wish I could send you a tape right now along with all the other folks that have called me, e-mailed me and of course the users who have replied on this forum showing interest.

You and James got in to quite a few fish that evening you 2 went out. I remember that afternoon cause after you guys got back in I was just showing up. We had fried chicken, some cold ones, and some good conversation to go along with it all. Good times!

SlowRoller

Dustin,

Thanks for the link to Jarrad’s review and your response about the video. Back home, bass and salt water species dominate the fishing scene, so Walleye’s are usually caught by mistake (if they’re even present).

I wonder if what you touch on in the video (basically current breaks) wouldn’t apply to the Smallmouth fisherman also. From what little I know about Eyes, I imagine the two species share preferred habitat and feed in much the same way. Your thoughts?

Regarding the Super Doo…it looks like as if a Gitzit and a squid got a little squirly one night! LOL. As I adjust my tackle selection to the new waters in this area I’ll consider it…maybe…I dunno.

Anywho, nice website you’ve got there. If you were a little closer I’d book a trip or two to facilitate the learning process (I’m 2 hrs east of pool 11).

Shawn
    Walking the fine line between hobby and mental illness.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Slow_Roller,

Smallmouth and Walleye will share the same kind of structure and current breaks. The only determining factors of what species will be where is the time of year. Mid summer through fall smallmouth and walleye can and will be found side by side in the same areas. This is especially the case in October thru November. Riprap really close to deep water will (in the months above) not only hold walleye and smallies but several other species as well

The springtime is when you will see these 2 species on different planets. As soon as walleyes are in the post spawn mode Smallmouth will be in the Pre-Spawn mode which in most cases will put them in different locals. I’ll usually get a good concentration of smallies in some of my better riprap sections of the river by the end of May on in to June depending on the river conditions while walleye fishing. It goes for a good mixed bag with loads of fun.

basspack
    PdC, WI.

Let me know when you know more.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Will do, you can count on it!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m in for two!!

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.