FTR Video?

• KirtH
    Lakeville

Any word on when the FTR video I read about a while back will be ready?

KLH

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

klh,

Right now things are progressing along nicely. James and I are still expecting the video to be released the end of Feb and at the latest the middle of March.

We both had the chance to see a rough edit over the weekend and were very impressed with what we have done. This video will be an on the water seminar on how we fish plastics on rivers and what to look for.

This video will be very educational. Thanks for asking!

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Can we start placing orders ahead? Maybe that would help you in determining how many to make for your first run.. just let us know, sign me up for one.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Me too !!

Brian Lyons

Send BFD two copies, and don’t worry about the price…….heh,heh

herb
    6ft under

Good one Big B!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks for the interest guys. We’re finalizing expenses right now so we can come to an accurate cost on this thing. Once we have that accomplished we could easily start accepting orders. The guys we hired to edit this thing are incredibly talented and are putting together an amazing video. It takes alot to make me happy and after the first viewing we had the other night of a real rough edit, I was thrilled!

When we’re ready on this end I’ll give everyone that replied to this thread a shout. Shouldn’t be too long now as the end of February is just around the corner!

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

will it be offered on DVD?
    threw my VCR away.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Not this first release.

However, our plans are to offer both formats ASAP. We can and will convert that first release into DVD format down the line… but the cost and labor involved to do a DVD literally took my breath away during discussions with the production co. we’re working with. But, as we intend to do a whole library of these things, including river 3-way rigging, Spring/Summer Wingdams, River Trolling, Spring River Bass, Fall Wingdams, an Open Water Trolling Video on In-land Lakes and a night production trolling for mega-piggie walleyes in the fall. That’s 7 videos. Truth be told, we’ll only hit 5-6 of them if things go perfectly this season but that’s what we have our sites on. We feel we can go beyond the “chewing gum for the brain” type videos so often produced now and really dig into the specifics, details and thought process that produce results. In a DVD format, we would be able to accomplish all of this in an interactive environment. It’s certainly where we want to be headed and we’ll get their soon. We’ve already sent some of the first content to the dvd production team.

As soon as I can, I’ll see if I can’t get some short takes and still from the video to post here to give a little taste of what’s coming.

Good question bud!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

When is the trout stream video coming? It was important enough to bump out beloved St Croix walleye forum-seems like it is important enough for its own tape?

Mostly kidding of course.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Actually… we will be doing a St. Croix video AND a SE MN trout stream video… down the road.

Will you ever be able to forgive me for axing the Croix walleye forum? I hope so. If not, we should look into some joint counseling or something to get us over that hurdle…lol

Totally kidding on that last part!~

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I certainly hope so! The only couseling I ever need is the warm sun on my face and a rod in my hands.

Come to think of it, if more people fished, the entire psych profession would be in BIG trouble.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

DaveB speaks the truth there! Can I get a loud “AMEN Brother Dave” from the FTR congregation?

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

looking forward to getting my hands on them.
    VCR’s are so dirt cheap right now.
    interested in the Trolling videos
    Okuma, don’t fail me now!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

AMEN BROTHA DAVE!!!

Hey SteveO, you can just come watch it at my house! It’ll give you an excuse to get out and “socialize”. LOL!

James, rifle me the word when it comes in as well……..I’m in need of all the schoolin’ I can get!!!

Say, in replacement of the Croix walleye forum, can we just get one named “Dave’s Pulpit”?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Brutha’ Dave’s Pulpit? Hmmmmm. Allow me to think on that one for awhile. …………………….OK, that’s long enough. Nope. No Dave’s pulpit forum….lol

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Brotha James showin his jealousy again. Just another case of the him trying to keep the white man down.

I guess that I will just crawl back into my shell.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Oh my…. please, someone, stop the insanity! My kingdom for a fishing report or a pic of a big fish for the forums! Anything…

No problem telling it’s mid-January from the contents of the posts around here, eh?

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I thought we were doing pretty good, considering! This tends to be silly season but wait until March when everyone’s either getting on the river or starving for the opener! That is, if I remember “the trends” correctly.

How ’bout it Brotha Dave? Can I get a blessing on this context?? lol………

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

There will be no blessings today…but on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

can I trade that in for a case of brew and total uncounciousness now?

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Alright! Another Bill Murray/Caddyshack fan! And to continue those classic words……………..

“………….so I’ve got that going for me!”

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Counceling is for the rich. Fishing is for the rest of us. Save a tape for me Bud.

LeoKam
    Camp Lacupolis, MN

James, dont forget to ask these guys about close captioning cost. If they can do it at a reasonable cost, I’ll be willing to pay for it.

SNAKEYES
    Iowa

Count me in!!! looking forward to seeing the video!!!

2Fishy4U

Dustin and James,

great idea regarding the videos. I recently cancelled a subscription to a maganzine produced in Minnesota because they do little or nothing on the Mississippi River.

I have been fishing the river for about 45 years and also used to do some commercial fishing. Yet I know I can learn things from your upcoming videos.

Keep us all posted and let me know via this site when I can order some.

mudlnthru
    Burnsville

Gads, close captioning. We’ll have to remember that. Thanks, Leo!

Mike

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Mark me down for one of every different video you guys produce. I suspect there will be a waiting list for these once people find out your techniques are “real” and not just smoke like some of the flash and tell nothing videos I have seen in the past. Some of the tackle makers spend more time showing their product line than fishing technique. On top of that, having fished several times with James, I know the kind of talent I am going to see….fantastic. You guys going to market these through Gander Mt too or just on your web site?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

That’s a good question. I just so hapen to know who to ask! With the effort we’re putting into these and the quality we’re demanding from ourselves and the editors, maybe we’ll just keep this on FTR !

I’ll get back on this if I hear otherwise.

Jeff Harecy
    Hager City, Wi.

PUT ME DOWN FOR ONE!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.