THANX FOR THE INFO proud owner of a vexilar

• larsonlawyers
    Nelson Wi

Hey guys just want to thank all of you that decided to give me some info and direction about what kind of ice fish finder that i should get. i now have an fl8, and it is just awesome. I have fished with a clearwater classic before and the difference between the two is just like night and day. Thanx again.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome to the Vexilar Winter Club…..glad you like it, love mine too.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi Larsenlawyers, ditto on welcome to the Club. you will just love it, I thought you were going to say that you got an FL-18, which I’ve seen in use, but haven’t used one myself. but I do have an FL-8 which is very very good. You WILL just love it when you get used to it. Last weekend up on Mille Lacs I landed a 19, 21, and a 26 3/4 inch Walleyes through an 8 inch hole, which I feel I would not have caught without the FL-8. you can tell when fish move in and look at your bait, and you can you can then adjust your movement and presentation to make them bite. Let’s hear some Vexilar stories when you start rackkin’ them up. Jack…

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

How deep of water are you guys fishing when using this unit ? I fish alot of water 4′ deep.would this work well for my situation ?

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I have used mine over in the backwaters on the Mississippi in 4-5 feet of water. I was AMAZED how good it worked. I had to turn down the gain but that is kinda normal to play with. I was hovering an ice fly and waxie about 8-10 inches off the bottom and suddenly I saw a line come directly beneath me but there was a gap between my fly and the blob. I just lowered my line to make them one and the hit was “solid”….what fun!!

larsonlawyers
    Nelson Wi

i have already been fishing in water ranging from 4 to 25 feet of water, it seems to help a lot more in the deeper water becuase you catch mor fish that you normally wouldn’t catch, i already can realize that, but even though it is only 4 feet it helps out a lot, you wouldn’t believe the amount of fish that come up and look at your bait and just go away, and some of the fish come from like 2 feet away on a bullet and just go for it, i love it already.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

EC,

Fishing the standard vexi in shallow water will work great, but an added feature is the low power cable they use to make. Not sure if you can still get them or not. I can honestly say if my battery dies while I’m out fishing, I pack up and go home. I can’t fish blind after being spoiled.

herb
    6ft under

It’s called the “s” cable, and they still make it.
    S for suppression. Reduces power to the ducer I believe.

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

I carry two batteries usually on the all day trips. Marion live bait in Marion Ia charged about $25 for it last yr. I prefer to use the fl-8 in seven ft. or more. {John}

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.