Baudette, MN Ice Fishing

• Mercman
    Red Wing, MN

I know this isn’t the correct place for this subject but I thought I would get the best feedback in this forum. Myself and 50 other guys are going to Sportsmans Lodge to ice fish on Jan 23 – Jan 26, does anyone have any suggestions on baits etc? Is there anyone thats been there recently that would have a fishing report? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Mercman,

Check out Mike Finke’s latest report.
    He may have some real good ideas for you as many of staffers here could help you out as well.
    Sean Colter, and Dinosaur have been up there recently as have many others that visit here.
    Check out the Lake of the Woods section on the http://www.fishthelake.com for the latest info.

http://www.fishthelake.com/fishing_reports/index.asp?id=496

I have always had real good luck with gold, purple and chartruese in most of the jigs that I use for LOTW through the ice.

Good Luck to you and maybe these guys could help you out more being they have been up there recently.
    Let us know how it goes for you!!

Mercman
    Red Wing, MN

Thanks DeeZee for the fast response, I’ll check it out.

quicksilver

Mercman,
    I am heading up there from 1/17-20. Will e mail you when I get back. My buddy was there last week and did well on ‘eyes and sauger with Buckshot Rattle Spoons that glow and gold jigs fished just off the bottom. Also put half a minnow……like everybody else. Jigging was more effective til middle of the day when a bobber/live minnow produced better. Fish the Lake.com has good info too. Better than I can ever provide.

Mercman
    Red Wing, MN

Thats great and good luck on your trip.

Mercman

quicksilver

Mercman.
    Just got back from Baudette on 1/20. Caught 140 ‘eyes and sauger over two days. Problem is most were in the 12 inch variety. Kept 25 fish. The guys who fished friday said the bite was awesome. A front came thru Sat AM and the winds were steady for the next two days. Had a great time though. We were in 28 to 30 ft water. The better fish were caught witha very subtle jigging motion. Glow jigs with a minnow head (not the tail for some reason) worked best. The bigger quarter ounce glow jigs caught better fish than the eighth ouncers. Good Luck

Mercman
    Red Wing, MN

Thanks for the info, I am leaving in tomorrow morning, I post results when I get back. Sure do like this web site. I wish I could get my boat out of the boathouse to wet a line, its been to long. Oh well, March isn’t that far off.

Mercman

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.