38inch pike15 lbs

• fishing4life
    Lacrosse,WI

Yesterday me and couple good buddies cade, and cody we went out fishing.
    first we went up to our hot spot for smallies wich cade had a blast their. First we were throwing jigs and i caught a nice rock bass. Then cade swiches to a crank bait wich he sluaghterd the fish. First he snagged a nice 3lb shannel cat wich gave him a deccent fight. then the next two casts he had on a nice suager about 17 1/2 inches but fell off the hook right when he tried pull it out of the water. .Then he caught a nice litte 12 inch large mouth. But still not done.lol.Then he set the hook to a nice 17-18 small mouth wich he looked happy about it,but when i went to net the fish but sadly enough the the smallie spitt the crank bait right out and it went flying right into my hand wich kinda heart. Cade was so disapointed but right when we got to the end of the rock pile their goes cade setting the hook to nice 15 inch walleye. . The rock pile was getting fished out so we went to find some weeds to catch some bass and northern. So we did. We went to this spot just north of goose where i had a nice pike come and grabb my jig then i get to jumpy and set the hook to early and missed him. Their was nothing their so we decided to move along sum logs to through some plastics. We wernt lucky but sure enough cade was throughing a spinner wich he picked up a nice croppie. .it was getting late so we had to start heading back .so we decided to go fish these weeds till cades dad came and picked them up. We only casted about 5 times beetween the bolth of us befor his dad came and picked them up. I went back out after i dropped them off. The first cast i made i had a nice sized large mouth on then he spitt it out i started to reel in my spinner when a nice 30 inch pike grapped it. It was an alright pike but i wanted bigger. About 5 casts later a cought a great 32 inch pike wich was alright. About 15 minutes later i had neted about two 34 inchers wich was not bad. . I was happy but not happy enough. I had seen a pike come up and surfice the top of the water so i decided to through over their and sure enough a nice pike was on. But the bad news is it snapped my line. I was disapointed. So i tied on a new spinner on my biger pole with heavyier line and eager for that bigger pike. . Fifteen minutes latier a had not one hit. I was gonna call it a day but i was gonna make a couple more casts befor the night was done. I through it right up in their and had a nice hit but got jumpy and missed another one. 2 casts later i had my dream come true. A nice pike had grapped my bait and was on. With my blood pumpin i didnt think it would stay on. i thought it would just snapp my line so i just loosend my drag and tired out the big fella. My net was to small for it so i grabbed it by hand and was so excited to measure that fish. It messured out to 38 inches and weighed a little more than 15 lbs. I really wanted to get a picture of it so i through it in the cooler wich it did not fit. Then i boated back to my camp site and got sum pics of this nice northern. Then through the pike back. i was so happy that night it couldnt of got any better. Glad to be a new member of IDA. Hope to catch more of them soon and had a blast of fishing today!!!!!

Thank,
    Casey Goode

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Hey thanks for the input on me casey, you made it sound like i did better than i did!
    NIce job on the NOrthern, i guess now we are tied on that one for biggest northern! still got you on biggest largemouth thougH! JK
    cant wait to go with you again for a while tonight!

PS dont say anything about the spot that we were fishing, we dont want people in the tournament to go there and catch all the hawgs!
    Cya

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

hey casey nice job on the pike!!! Maybe next time you should write a book im sure it would be shorter than that post. LOL well good luck in the tourney!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Good Fishen KC!

One word of advice…never settle for being tied!

fishing4life
    Lacrosse,WI

Yea maybe ill have to beat this summer.lol.lol

thank,
    Casey Goode

fishing4life
    Lacrosse,WI

Hey cade oe thing who caught the bigger small mouth so know at jp still u have a biger walleye but not for long.lol
    thank,
    Casey Goode

John Luebker

Quote:

Then i boated back to my camp site and got sum pics of this nice northern.

Where are they

fishing4life
    Lacrosse,WI

it was on a throw away cammra srry

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Well i got the biggest largemouth, biggest walleye, and biggest trout out of us so there! and dont even say catfish because i dont fish for catfish. And by the way i bought my own boat because i know you want to diss my boat just because it is smaller than yours! Besides, u know that i school you all the time when i go out in the boat with you!

fishing4life
    Lacrosse,WI

i am just trying to figure out how to post a pic here..sorry this isnt the right one

fishing4life
    Lacrosse,WI

cade is a lot better fisherman than me he schools me every time we go fishing together
    thank,
    casey goode

fishing4life
    Lacrosse,WI

cade you are stupid everybody that wasnt me so what ever you think it wasnt me ok
    thank,Casey Goode

2Fishy4U

Best thing about your story is you released it; thanks. I had one about 35 inches and didn’t even weigh it. Figured by the time I screwed around with that stuff he would be closer to dead.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

HA HA HA sorry casey i just had to do that. You gave me the chance when you walked out of the room! I am just messing with your head man!

Caught a little northern today, its eye was like bitten off and it had a bunch of gashes on its side…
    Max regner had a nice largemouth on too
    At the end, i hit up some rocks with a tube craw and had a huge smallie on: at least 18 inches but he was bighting it so lightly and the hook never even penetrated! I got a fairly good look at him though when i set the hook and watched as he flashed me with his tail

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.