Suggestions for a new guy.

• kingcabelas
    Hudson, WI

Hey ya’ll. I’m a student at UWL here in LaCrosse and I want to get out fishin’ on the ol’ Mississippi because I can’t wait till school is out….i won’t make it…I need to get out there. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where I could go. I was thinkin’ about heading out to fish off the lock and damn this weekend that is by the 94 bridge going into WI, I always see boats out there. Any suggestions about location/technique would be appreciated. Thanx.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

King,

I’m here in LAX, let me know when you have some time off and i’ll take you out…..BASS fishing of course….if you’re a walleye guy, I can’t do much for you..

Actually…what dorm do you stay in? lol

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

King, you should take Slop Bass out and show him how to fish…for real fish! Seriously, I would take him up on his offer while your down there…

Hudson from shore…???

The Mallalu dam (sp?)
    The old bridge crossing in the Hudson channel (WI side)
    The rip rap on the south side of the clover leaf that takes you to down town Hudson from MN.
    As you said…under the 94 bridge.

I’m guessing your looking for a tug…or a cat from your handle.
    I would use cut bait this time of year.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

After re reading your post…I think your talking about I-90 going into WI(?)

I haven’t found the lock and dam on I-94 going into WI ….yet!

gordonk
    mpls

At this time of year, you can always check out boat harbors. Some of them will let you fish off of the shore or docks and you can catch almost anything in there. With high water, check out the backwater bridges between the Black River and the main channel. I’ve done well there in the past, but getting there may involve a walk.

kingcabelas
    Hudson, WI

Yeah thats my fault..i meant the I-90 bridge….poor proof reading…

kingcabelas
    Hudson, WI

Slop- I’m over in Drake Hall this year..finally off campus next year. Anyways yeah..that would be awesome if you’d be able to take me out on the water sometime if I can find some free time. I usually hunt fer the walleye’s but I like goin’ bass fishin’ with my buddies back home in the summer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.