POOL 10

• walleyetracker
    Des moines,Iowa

anyone got any information on pool 10?I am thinking of fishing it this weekend and was wondering if someone could give me a report..thanks for any help….Terry

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

Terry,

Pool 10 has been steady good up below the Lynxville dam. You may want to fish pool 12 at Dubuque, pool 13 at Bellevue or 14 at Clinton if you are coming this next weekend. These 3 pools have had the tailwaters closed to fishing all winter and they open back up this Wednesday the 16th. These fish have not had any fishing pressure all winter and they will be hungry. Nobody has been taking fish out of these 3 closed areas since before the first of December. The walleye bite on these 3 pools has been nothing short of fantastic the last couple of years. There is a protected slot in these pools from 20″ to 27″ but there should again be plenty of 15″ to 20″ eaters to be had. There should be more trophy size fish over 27″ this year as well. I know I released many fish between 20″ and 27″ last year that should all have added a few inches and pounds. I have been fishing Lynxville & Guttenburg but chomping at the bit to get out at Dubuque. I have done well at Lynxville and poorly at Guttenburg. That is what I have been hearing from people on this board as well. Guttenburg has been very slow ever since ice out. We did manage a couple limits from there but we really had to work for them. Lynxville has been good. Dubuque, Bellvue and Clinton should be fantastic.

Eyehunter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.