FTR Get-Together Questions

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Just wondering whats happening lately? Is everyone coming? Does any one have a favorite beer,pop,spirit or bottled water. There I don’t think I left anyone out.I plan on catching at least one fish this year. I had to take off early last year for a Wedding. I may even have a few more beers this year and I look forward to meeting some of you good folks. Steve

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I missed it last year but am planning on making it this year. I hope to win the redhorse catagory.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I’m planning on making it this year as well. I don’t think I have the endurance to try catfishing all night, so that probably puts the kaybosh on any chance at a prize. This will be the first time I’ve ever fished the Miss in MN, though, so things should be interesting.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’ll see you all there. I too missed last year. I’m curious how things go? Is there a time table everyone follows ? Is there a good spot off the river to get out of the boat and have some lunch ? See you all there !!

ec

toddberghoff
    Prior Lake

i plan on being there and hopefully even get to fish this year. i have not been on the river yet this year either, so i hope i remember where i put those fish last year. lol.
    looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone.

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

I rented a cabin from Steve/Everts and plan to be there Friday and Friday night (for the BB/BS Gathering) and all day and night on Saturday. I’ll leave Sunday sometime… What fun!
    I have lots of new baits I want to try on the river. And I look forward to socializing some with all you FTR guys.

I’ll fill the boat up with campfire firewood… every one should do the same, if you can.
    Hawger

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

I was there last year.. and look forward to this year.. think i plan on less fishing and more socializing!!

richardsmith
    Owatonna Mn 55060

Hawger and I will be putting togeather a few fun things to do an EFN day ! ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

Smitty

Keep a tight line !!!

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Is there an overview page that tells where to meet, where to go, when weigh-in starts, etc? I thought there was one a while back, but can’t find it now. I’m sure more info will be coming in the next weeks.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

When and where is the get together? Is any one welcome?

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

The EFN get together is on July 20th at Everts Resort. Friday the 19th is the BB/BS (Big Brother/Big Sister) day, here as well. I know that the EFN staff has put a tremendous amount of time in to make both of these days a great success! Anyone and everyone is welcome both days! Hope to see ya all here!

mudlnthru
    Burnsville

jbob,
    Everyone is welcome to the get-together. It’s being held at Everts Resort on pool 4, Saturday July 20 and will probably run over until Sunday, July 21. Good chance to meet lots of fellow ftr members and even catch a fish. Apparently, many fishing lies are developed as well, which makes life far more interesting.

By the way, the whole event is being held in conjunction with the Big Brothers/Big Sisters-EFN fishing day that will be held on July 19, so you might want to check that out. There’s a post here on that one, too.

I hope that Hawger and Smitty come up with some really fun events. How about a fishing boat tug o’ war? Or maybe we could just stretch a line across the river at Everts and watch the jet skiers trip on it? Nah. They might come and beat us up.

Mike

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

I will be there again this year. Last year was a great time. I also know there are a few others from down here coming as well.

I also would like to see some kind of over view for the weekend? Fishing start times, Registration, all that stuff.

Hougie, I know we ask a ton of you but wat do you think?

Is there a map to Everts Resort from Red Wing?

Hope to see lots of you there!

o.m.f.t.
    Rochester Minn

I think there is a map on the everts resort add on the top of the home page. Other wise Steve can tell you if he’s not out catching those big trout.

Life’s to short to fish with dead minnows! Jim

Wingshooter
    MN Goodhue

I would like to go I missed last year!!!! I need to know dates and times?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Steve….Do you sell Hot spots Maps of Pool 4 at your Bait Shop ? If so would you put one aside for me ?

Thanks ,

ec

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Count me in on that too Steve. I’m counting on James to have some areas picked out to send us that don’t fish the River often with the BB/BS kids so we can give em some action. Looking forward to meeting the FTR/FTL gang.

Tom(Gwamba)Gursky

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Events??? How about backtrolling races? Casting competition that somehow involves beer? BBQ cookoff? Fish Fry?? Seems like you could make a contest out of cutting fish somehow, doesn’t it?

Let me know, because if I need to bring the smoker, we’ll have to drive the pickup.

richardsmith
    Owatonna Mn 55060

Gianni
    You get the picture, I’m sure there will be plenty of fish to fry! We can always send someone to town for sweet corn ! Maybe someone knows where to get sweetcorn cheap ! Whatever makes you happy !!!

Richard (Smitty)

Keep a tight line !!!

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

Is there a place to pitch a tent on the property? I don’t plan on sleeping much but like to have a tent ready incase I need to grab a couple of hours.

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

You can contact Steve Vick at Everts and I am sure he’ll let you know. Or, just click on the Everts banner (that is on rotation) above. Hawger

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Anyone for a Sheepie eating contest???

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

Funny…. you should mention that Stillakid2
    I saw what appeared to be a boat full of guys from Afganistan guys on Tetonka, yesterday…. you know, four guys all covered head-to-toe in white sheets… white turbans, etc…indeed they were forigners.
    The four of them had a stringer full of big sheephead hung over the side. A couple of them were absolutely clean in appearance, spotless in their white garb… while the other two’s white outfits were covered in black dirty streaks and messy smudges. I mean, real bad dirty marks… all over their clothes!
    I got close enough to ask… “so, what are you guys catching?”
    “Sheeps Heads”, says one of the cleaner of the bunch. “Abduel and I are using minnows” he says (as he points to his spotless friend)… “They are using crawlers”, he says as he points to the quite messy looking others.
    “Oh, so what do those Sheephead taste like” I asked.
    “They taste… just like goat!” he says… “and they are great with bay-leaves!”
    “Boy…that is good to know”, I said as I drifted past.
    Hawger

mudlnthru
    Burnsville

Hmm…. Hawger, I heard that one of the worm users was wearing a white ball cap with dark finger smudges all down the brim, too. Ah, Afghanistan, where men are men and sheephead are nervous.

richardsmith
    Owatonna Mn 55060

To much time on your hands, hey !!

Rich

ProTiller
    Chisago Lakes Area

Hawger, what time Saturday morning are we departing Everts Resort? What time are we to return? Are there fishing categories….Bass, Walleye, Northern, Roughfish? Are there prizes for the most diverse stringer, longest/heaviest stringer, shortest/lightest stringer? Are there divisions…..husband/wife, father/son, father/daughter, mother/son, mother/daughter, open division?

richardsmith
    Owatonna Mn 55060

Pro Tiller,
    In response to your questions !! We are working on this as we speak ! We are trying to work out a formula so a contest will be fair to all ! Will post as soon as we get it compiled !

Richard (Smitty)
    Marc (Smitty II)

Keep a tight line !!!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.