Ol’ Reliable

• Pikeman
    Illinois

No matter what, there is always fishing. Fishing is God’s way of giving us a gift. No matter how bad times are, you can always know that fishing will make you smile. I hold the water I fish on sacred to my heart. Like a farmer holds the dirt he plants in sacred, like a preacher takes a bible and holds it sacred. Fishing is not just something you do, fishing is inside of you. Fishing is that little bit of sanity in an insane world. Fishing is something that can be passed on from generation to generation, friend to friend, it can create new friends, and bring old ones even closer. It doesn’t matter what you fish for , and at times it doesn’t matter if you even catch anything. Just being out on the water is what it is about. Sharing that time with yourself, with family, with friends, with nature. Seeing the beautiful spleandor that is our beautiful country. The times I spent with my grandfather fishing the waterways of wisconsin are times that i will cherish until the day I die. I may be living with the Flatlanders now , but I was born and raised in Americas Dairyland, and I thank god that I am still a country boy at heart. So remember if you are ever down in the dumps and need a pick-me up….There is always fishing……Ol’ Reliable!

juggs
    The biggest nightcrawler bed in all of Minneapolis

Amen, brother!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.