Power Pro

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Just wanted to let anyone know that’s been curious to try this superline that Fleet Farm has added it to their isles. I’ve heard great things from some of the users here so I bought a 150yd. spool yesterday and will put it to a test next weekend.

SuperFluke
    Chippewa Falls, WI

PowerPro is a quality line, I’ve been using it for about a year and I’ve actually broken the hook of a jig in half pulling it out of a snag (using 6/20 line), its pretty much like the other braids, as far as sensitivity and no stretch, but is slightly smaller diameter and doesn’t fray nearly as fast as fireline so you don’t have to respool so often.

SNAKEYES
    Iowa

This is the first year I have used Power Pro line, I put it on two reels and so far I like it. I have used Fireline for years and think Power Pro is just as sensitivity and more durable.

mstrctmn
    Omaha, NE/ Fort Worth, TX

I’ve been using powerpro for a little while too. I like it so far. I don’t think I’ll ever use it on my cat rods, but for carp and smaller fish, it is nice to have a bit extra behind the rod in case a big one hits.

Matt

fishhunter
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I just bought a spool this week too! Does anyone use Power Pro on their spinning reels. I was gonna try it but wasn’t sure how it would work???

JimL2
    Rochester, Mn

I have used Power-Pro over the past two years. It’s line diameter per test poundage ratio makes it the closest fishing line I can find when compared to spiderwire. One of the best things about this line is that you can cast it off a spinning reel without getting all the nasty messes that usually occur while trying to cast spiderwire off of a spining reel. Also the makeup of the powerpro line is a little bit more round when compared to spiderwire or fireline. This to me means when I have a snag and I start cranking on the rod to get the snag out the line doesn’t bury itself in the spool as easily. And as stated above by Spuerfluke the line does not fray no where nearly as quickly as fireline. Also, depending on which color of line you get the line color does seem to wear out fast. It usually turns an off-white color after a couple of days of use. But I haven’t found this to hurt the strenth of the line at all. It just must be the dye running off the line. These are just a few of the things I have noticed while using this line. It has been a great fishing line to me thus far and would highly recomend it to anyone.

JimL

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

FishHunter,

I spooled some 6/20 on a spinning reel…………I’ll let you know how well it works for me. I find Jim L’s words very encouraging so I doubt I’ll have anything negative to report………….unless it just doesn’t cast worth a hoot! Thanks for the reports guys! I’ve wanted to try this line since last year but I wasn’t aware of any local retailers handling it and figured I’d hold out until my next trip past Cabela’s. Very happy Fleet Farm picked it up!

GOM
    Wabasha

I use power pro on my spinning reels. It is a great line. Great sensitivity and a lot limper than fireline. The only problem that I have had is when I troll wingdams with the 2/10. This line is too thin and the zebra mussels will cut the line easily. I would recommend the 6/20 for trolling

FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

I’ve been using Power Pro for over 2 years and have no complants about it.Most of my fishing is between jigging and casting.I just started using the 8lb 1dia and am very happy with its preformance.It is a little more spendy than fireline but as other people have said it dosen’t seem to fray as easily as fireline.

Fishin,,,,If it was easy we’d call it catchin.

L.O.L.

Len

Falling Rock Bar & Bait LLC

1-608-874-4707

Piscator
    Alma Wi 54610

Have been using and selling Power Pro for a few years now. I have found it to be the best of the super lines for me.It works great for spinning reels in the smaller test linesand doesn’t have the tendency to turn inside itself that some do.The larger sizes are great for catfishing. It may be new to Fleet Farm but we have carried it at lest 4 years.

flynfish
    St. Cloud, MN

just wondering…how does power pro compare to whiplash?? I see that whiplash would be 4/20vs power pro 6/20. Was looking for a new superline to try and saw the whiplash at Gander on 300 ft spools.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’ve heard rumor from some retailers that Whiplash is being discontinued in lines less than 50#’s. I’d ask the Cabela’s personnel and if so, why? Should help you make a decision.

nubbinbuck

I have a baitcaster spooled with the 12/50 and have no complaints. Behaves very well. The PP that I have seen around MN has all been the green colored line. I know that they also make a high-vis yellow for you line watchers.

drizz
    Winona, MN

I know Cabela’s has had the “High Vis” stuff for a while and I’ve heard West End Bait in Winona has it now too. I’ve used the green stuff for a couple years but really like the “High Vis” stuff. I use the 2/10 for jigging and casting and it seems to have the right balance of toughness and limpness, yet still allows you to break it off when you have to. It’s biggest advantage over stuff like Spider wire is that your usual knots will work and not slip.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.