Pool 4 or Peppin this weekend

• Pherris

I am planing on getting the boat out for the season and heading to the Red Wing area this weekend. Any ideas on if it would be better to try peppin or pool 4 with the warmer weather have they started to move towards the lake yet? What would you do? Thanks

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

I think your safest bet will be the river towards the dam….. the water is still cold and the fish are still in spawning mode…..

JimW
    SE MN

Generally speaking. The lake won’t start picking up until “about” a week before walleye opener.

DONOTDELETE

There are alot of fish being caught down by the lake.

Yes there are still alot of boats by the dam ,but the bigger fish are coming from the south. So dont be scard to try the lake.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

My buddy and I spent all day fri fishing the lake itself with little success for walleye or sauger. We got one of each, a 20+” walleye and the biggest sauger of my life. She looked like she hadn’t just swallowed a softball, it was more like a water mellon. We did get into a bunch of real nice 10″+ perch on the north end of pt no pt. We didn’t see anyone fishing the can line at the head.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.