Pool 3 report

• chappy
    Hastings, MN

Well, we just got off the water. Hey,guy’s the rain won’t hurt you! Get out there,with the rains and such ,the fish are hitting the Wingdams the channel and just about everywhere. We saw a good number of fish this morning including 2 limits and one of those limits was huge! Had 1 8-9#er and alot of nice others to go with it. Trolling seemed to work well as did pulling lindy-rigs on the wing dams.The rivers a coming up and the fish are waiting for ya, Get out there!

pfluggy
    ROSEMOUNT, MN

chappy, good to see ya had a good day.
    getting out on sun. pool 3,or 4 dont know yet. 3 is alot closer for me.at what deapth did the fish come out of, were they on the wingys or on the outside eadge/chanel.thanks for any info ,just a little starter info is nice.
    thanks…..pfluggy.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

We caught ours on the inside of the wingdams ,not to far from shore. Anywhere from 8-12′ is where we were working. Guy’s were also trolling some of the wingdams and also picked up a few. Seems the larger fish were in the channel. Trolling.Might of had to be doing the right thing at the right time for them. I’m heading out with Gator Hunter tomorrow down to the Baycity flats.Try something differnt for a change. I’m going to Fish the Pooh Bear open and have to find a place to start looking for some hogs.

Engelworm
    River Falls, Wisc.

Fished Pool 3 this morning. Did real well. My son and I caught our limit between 630 and 1000 AM. Wing Dams with crawlers, Lindy rig. Also picked up a couple on #7 Shad Raps. They hit em hard. About half our fish were 3+ pounds , with the largest around 4#. Looks like they “turned on” quite a bit since Tuesday. Should be excellent from here on into the next month or so, (If the rains hold off a little). Thanks, Chappy, we had a great morning on the river, and you did an excellent job of running the tourney. See ya on the river soon, as I’ll be spending quite a bit of my spare time on the water!

pfluggy
    ROSEMOUNT, MN

thanks chappy, still not sure , 3 or 4 , i mite see ya on 4 . i fished the head of the lake last sat , trolled untill that fell apart then 3/ ways live bait finished off the 6 i got.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

We decided not to go to Pool 4 today. Rain is one thing ,but flooding rains are another. Might hit 3 again if the rain is’nt to heavy. Good luck .Thanks Randy, Find out where Mike is catching those fish! I swear were going to have to ban him from the contest!

Pops
    Big River, WI

Chappy, I told you were and how we caught the fish. Don’t worry about banning us, were retiring from the prestigious 3M fishing contest.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I wanna talk to ya about this alittle more in depth! Great job on those fish! You were the talk of the crowd!Maybe from now on You guy’s can just come down and drink beer and eat. Great job on those fish bud, Keep up the good work!Did you ever weigh that fish? Sorry I took so long to get my scale.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.