Hastings Ramp Improvements

• flood-the-pond

The Mississippi River public water access at Jaycee Park in Hastings will close this week for improvements that should be completed by mid-November, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources said.

Work includes new asphalt and ramp, and improvements to storm-water retention and aquatic invasive species prevention.

“When the project is complete, we will have a high quality facility in place for fishing and boating,” said Rachel Hintzman, a DNR parks and trails area supervisor.

As alternatives during the Hastings closure, the nearest public boat launches are on the St. Croix River at St Croix Bluffs Regional Park and at the confluence of the Mississippi and St. Croix rivers in Prescott, Wis.

There also are two private boat launches on the Mississippi at Kings Cove Marina and Hub’s Landing and Marina, both in Hastings.

A map showing all boat launch sites in the Twin Cities is available by contacting the DNR Information Center at [email protected] or 651-296-6157.

Nick Ferraro can be reached at 651-228-2173. Follow him at twitter.com/NFerraroPiPress.

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_21526995/hastings-mississippi-river-public-access-at-jaycee-park?source=rss

Palerider77

What a good deal. That ramp has been in rough shape for a while.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

the nearest public boat launches are on the St. Croix River at St Croix Bluffs Regional Park and at the confluence of the Mississippi and St. Croix rivers in Prescott, Wis.
    ????? TH OSE LANDINGS ARE PUBLIC, BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET A PERMIT BECAUSE I KNOW THE POLICE WILL ENFORCE THE PARKING!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Will the Hasting launch still be free?

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Put in a ramp mid pool on the MN side. Big slab of concrete, nice dock, lights, etc. I don’t want to have to drive through the damned slow zone in Preskit.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

I was by there yesterday, the landing is still closed but it looks really nice with new pavement and cement ramp. My Grandpa was very concerned about the metal blockade at the end of the ramp but I told him it must be there so people can’t use the ramp until it is officially open and they will remove them once the ramp opens.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Does anyone know when they plan to reopen this ramp?

Also, and on a different note, is the Coliseum a drug den?

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

According to a DNR rep I emailed today the ramp might be open next week at the earliest. They are waiting on the contractor to finish the job.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

The contractor must be on vacation or something, everytime I go past there it’s empty and nobodies working.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.