I-90 Fishing float report

• hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

I recently decided to spend friday night at the fishing float in dresbach. What a night let me tell you. We got there about 4 and started to fish catching some small eye’s. As soon as it got dark the fish stopped biting. We tried everything and anything i had in my tackel box. I dont think the night bite is very good yet but could be wrong since there was a few boats by the dam in the early morning hours. If anyone has any fishing reports for this float or Alma float as the year progress’s should leave a msg or PM me.

#7 shad rap: 6 dollars
    night at the float: 10 dollars
    Spending the entire night and half of next day in er with all 3 treble hooks in your finger:600 dollars
    catching and releasing the 11 pound walleye that did it to you: priceless

willowcat
    Lake City, MN

How do get to that float? I’ve fished other floats on the river but never that one.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

You have to raise the flag at the upper landing by the dam. They come over and pick you up. The flag is located at the top of the steps.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

The guy who runs the I90 float is Bill. Hes a really good guy and has everything u need to fish there. u can get bait there most of the time. Its 10 dollars to fish. If you go fish of the point closest to the dam thats were we landed a 10 pounder last year around this same time. Orange and green killer jigs tipped with minnows seem to work the best. leave a msg sometime we will have to go out there and fish together.

izhedley

Little help, could you tell me where the Dresbach float is located? I have heard of it recently and I’m interested in checking it out. Wis or Mn side? Would you happen to know any contact info to get in touch with Bill? The owner?
    Any help you can lend is greatly appreciated.

“Keep them in the 10 ring” Jim Scouton

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

It’s on the WI side.

I-90 Exit 275

N5326 Hilltop Drive, Onalaska, WI 54650

1-608-783-2286 is the Phone Number.

izhedley

Excellent info, Thanks.

“A donut without a hole is a danish”

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

These fishing floats are a great way for people to get to fish on the river and fish who don’t have a boat, don’t have their boat out yet, or just don’t want to take the boat but want to fish the river at a good location without a boat. Alot of nice fish have been caught from these fishing floats. Keep the info and reports coming guys.
    Thanks, Bill

willowcat
    Lake City, MN

Some of my best catches of fish have come off fishing floats. One that I’ll always remember is Freddies Flaot below the Winona dam. The place where I cought my first 40 lbs. mudcat, my first 10 pound walleye, and watching my first Bikini contest. What a great place it used to be!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.