Pool 4~ New Bait Shop In Town

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Grand Opening of (Tom) Skulski’s Bait and Custom Tackle May 16th 6am

Friends and Family,
    We are opening our Bait Shop May 16th at 6 AM. Our goal is to bring back the atmosphere of an old fashioned bait shop.
    Custom tackle options are done in conjunction with other local other businesses and owners;
    Boo Koo baits- Nick Meyer,
    Black out Plastics- Tristan Mueller,
    Terminal Tackle,
    live bait,
    hair jigs and hair hooks,
    Custom Rods and repairs-Trey Skulski.

We’re looking forward to this new endeavor. Coffee and fellowship needed! Lets share fish tales that our wives/partners won’t listen to anyway.

Look forward to seeing you here. Located in the Old Hager City Glass building downtown Hager City.”

Lot’s of Rig Parking available!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Well I‘ll be darn !
    I long for the old atmosphere in a bait shop

I will go check them out Saturday

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Wow nice! Next time I am in the area I will stop in! Hey B.K will you be serving Hamms and spam? And Jeff they stock true tied? Well I know a guy in Rochester I can pick a few up lmao!!

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

Phone Number ?

What will your minnow selection consist of?

I’ll check things out when i’m down that way.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

@SCRATCHER,I do not have anything there but I will give it my best sales pitch Saturday when I go there to meet him and check out the shop on opening day.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I just spoke with Tom. Here’s his reply Dirk:

“Phone number: 715-388-2869

Live Bait in stock (as of this Friday)

Fatheads
    Willow Cats
    Crappie Minnows
    Northern and Walleye suckers
    Creek Chubs
    Crawlers
    Angle worms
    leeches will be in tomorrow (Thursday)

Bullheads Special order!

Spam and Hamm’s on Sundays!”

I’m not sure if he was kidding about the Hamm’s and Spam…or not!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

This is a great piece of news. My congrats to them and hope that they do very well. Old fashioned probably refers to values, ethic. Something long since gone from the valley.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I sure hope they make it. I will be stopping soon

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

waytogo

I’d make special trips for some larger suckers after the bullhead bite tires a bit – later in the summer….

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

WOW.! What AWESOME news.!! Some Keys Words here “OLD FASHION BAIT SHOP”. This area has been in need for a long time now. There hasn’t been that kind of bait shop in this area since Dean Marshall left Everts. “coffee an fellowship needed” Fellowship =BS. LOL. Tom is really a great guy an a people person for sure.! Bottom line here is lets ALL of US get behind Tom an make this bait shop go.!! . WARNING.! Capt. BK Mite be there? Witch will add a lot to the BS side of things. Maybe he will start making Spam treats that a lot of people liked when he was working at Everts bait shop. RRR . PS If you are lucky enough to be there when BK is he will be signing autographs.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

PS If you are lucky enough to be there when BK is he will be signing autographs.

Geez Randy, do we have to take it? grin

All kidding aside, I might road trip down there just to check the place out. Dropping a couple bucks on tackle I don’t need to help a new business might make me feel all warm and fuzzy. wink

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>river rat randy wrote:</div>
    PS If you are lucky enough to be there when BK is he will be signing autographs.

Geez Randy, do we have to take it? grin

No Dutch you wont HAVE to take BKs Autograph. It would just be polite to take it with a smile. . When you get home you can just throw it away.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I would not throw B.K s autograph away it might be worth a lot some day to some one!! Maybe flush it into the toilet and someone might find it down stream

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

I would not throw B.K s autograph away it might be worth a lot some day to some one!! Maybe flush it into the toilet and someone might find it down stream

LMAO.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

This thread went to crap!

If your having trouble googling Tom’s location, it just to the North of the old, now closed “gentleman” club, The Border Lounge.

Tom’s open however he’s light to the tackle at this time. He’s moving into another section of the building and working up his stock. Totally stocked on Live Bait though.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

This thread went to crap!

If your having trouble googling Tom’s location, it just to the North of the old, now closed “gentleman” club, The Border Lounge.

Tom’s open however he’s light to the tackle at this time. He’s moving into another section of the building and working up his stock. Totally stocked on Live Bait though.

According to our conversation on Saturday sounds like Tru-Tied Tackle LLC will help take care some of that tackle shortage.

We look forward to building the new friendship !

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Has anybody stopped in? Hope he is making a go of it!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

There were two rigs and 3 trucks there this morning and the back channel ramp was filling up. Guess there’s an AIM tourny.

He’s still building his inventory. I hope to get some photos this weekend.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I stopped in and bought some crawlers a couple of weeks ago. Nice guy easy to get to his place. They were cleaning out an area for the bait store and looked like it will be nice when done.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thanks guys…..options are never a bad thing for bait & tackle! toast

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Google Maps is updating the location now. It listed a location a block or two off of County Road VV. It’s actual location is right on VV.

Snap

Thanks for the news, BK!

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I’ve bought some crawlers and leeches from him shortly after they opened, he was willing to order bait if I wanted something else. His boy put some guides on a few older Premieres and a new
    new tip on GL3, they look good but haven’t used them yet. Both father and son are Very nice people

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Good to hear Outdraft!

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Great crew in there and the bait is fresh and lively with very reasonable prices. Tom and the crew and great folks to chat with and talk fishin stories!!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.