Pool 4 Fall Water Temp

• johnladick

My buddy and i have been fishing pool 4 for about 5 years now and we can hammer the walleye/sauger on any given day in the spring time, but this year we are looking to get into some fatties in the fall. Since pool 4 is unlike any river i have ever fished i was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me some insight as to what water temp to look for before the fish seem to turn on in the fall. i am not asking for spots or what is working i can figure that out on my own i just want to know the magical water temp.

Thank you!

404 ERROR
    MN

Not to be blunt, but there is no ‘magical’ water temp on P4. Fish on P4 are almost constantly on the move anytime but mid-winter and mid-summer. If you venture away from the Y, you will most likely find fish where you find them in the early spring. Pick a few spots downstream from the dam and hit them quickly to find fish. Being it’s the river, electronics don’t tell you much about a spot as most spots are inhabited by an abundance of different species. IMO, water flow and current are bigger factors in the fall than water temps. Either way, you’ll have fun out there piecing the puzzle together.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.