Pool 2 Report (2019)

• Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Water levels:

Attachments:
    1. 35600C04-5D8B-4B8B-84FA-DAA3D6B8564A.png

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Should ad a weather forecast with that this time of year. Above average temps for the next two weeks. Im making Thanksgiving plans already.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Should ad a weather forecast with that this time of year. Above average temps for the next two weeks. Im making Thanksgiving plans already.

There’s your million dollar idea….create an app that overlays weather and hydrographics. There’s at least a dozen of us here that would subscribe.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Enough of these graphs and pictures, let’s just go fishin’!

CBMN
    North Metro

I agree with Dave, I will be down again on Saturday.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Anyone have an update on the 494 launch?

tangler
    Inactive

Guys please post reports if you make it out this weekend. I’m taking Monday and Tuesday off work if the forecast holds.

CBMN
    North Metro

Drove past the 494 ramp on Saturday last weekend and looked messed up as the dock was laying across the downstream side. Guessing it might be still usable though. Couldn’t see any barricades from the river side but it could be closed on the other side of the levy.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Will do Tangler.

If the dock still has the big tree attached to it at 494 I wouldn’t risk it. It had pushed the dock across the south launch and looked like it blocked the north side. I’d just use lions. You never know what alligators are attached to that dock and concrete that aren’t visible underwater.

boone
    Woodbury, MN

Boone, you had some good looking bait in that well!!! I am surprised nothing took it

It seems like I have better luck with the big minnows for walleye earlier in the fall like in September and October. Sometimes it seems like an original floating Rapala on a three-way rig works just as good or better than a minnow.

I was hoping to use some of the minnows for cut bait for sturgeon this fall but I never found the time to get out. In past years I’ve had decent luck with them.

Boone

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

The fall is always so busy, but some year I’d love to try big creek chubs on the wing dams. I’m not much of a bait guy, but think it’d be so neat to catch a walleye on minnows that I’ve caught myself out of the creek.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

494 is still barricaded. Police said not to move the barricades. Fishing still very slow.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Attachments:
    1. 20191115_190629.jpg

Cody Meyers

Matt, did you use Hidden Falls this afternoon? I think I saw you. I was in the white Alumacraft.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

We used Lyons levee. I saw you coming down by the train bridge I think.

Fishing was terrible for us today.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Fishing was really bad today. All I kept thinking was, WWBD

WHAT WOULD BUSHMAN DO???

Cody Meyers

Slow for me also, one small fish in 14’ on a blade.

tangler
    Inactive

Shore fished the top end for a couple hours during the first half of the gopher game. Fishing was worse than the gophs first half and that’s saying something!

buschman
    Pool 2

Fishing was really bad today. All I kept thinking was, WWBD

WHAT WOULD BUSHMAN DO???

Marty, I like that one. I wish I had good news too but seeing the same thing. I fished Friday night for two hours with one fish to show. It can only get better… haha

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Water was 32 degrees for us and there were a lot of dead shad which probably contributed. I don’t think they are working real hard for meals. Tried to go slow and present baits vertical but the wind made that a real challenge.

Did not plan on the backwaters to be frozen, either. Kinda put a crimp in my plan for yesterday.

mark z
    South Minneapolis

The gate on River road down to Hidden Falls was closed today??? Drove over to Lilydale and the road is still closed. So much for fishing today.

tangler
    Inactive

The gate on River road down to Hidden Falls was closed today??? Drove over to Lilydale and the road is still closed. So much for fishing today.

That’s odd about HF, was open yesterday. Watergate might still be open

sealegs
    MPLS

The North Gate was locked? I know the South Gate is locked. What time were you there I understand there are Park Hours, if it was early perhaps the Park Police had not been there to unlock it? I was hoping to fish the upper half tomorrow.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I managed 5 this afternoon, all on rippin raps. They weren’t exactly hammering it and I felt lucky to catch a few. Nothing else worked.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Bite was slow again for Joe and me tonight. But they moved the dock out on 494 and I’m guessing it’s open again.

boone
    Woodbury, MN

I fished Saturday, November 16th from 3:00 – 7:00 p.m. but didn’t catch anything…. again. I tried several spots and several baits but came up empty. I figured the bite was slow when I got to the Lions ramp and there were only two other trailers in the lot. The water temperature was about 34 F and the flow was down considerably from the previous weekend.

buschman
    Pool 2

Bite was slow again for Joe and me tonight. But they moved the dock out on 494 and I’m guessing it’s open again.

yep, you know the bite is crap when 4 fish feels like an improvement… There is a good bite out there somewhere. I will be in the deer stand the next week here and hope I hear about it?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Fished for a few hours this morning at the confluence and at a few different rock/sand transitions and got skunked. Not even a sniff. Expected to have a pretty good bite. Water clarity was better, levels were pretty much back to normal, but the bite was brutal.

sealegs
    MPLS

My Son and I hit Pool 2 on Monday. Like the previous we to fell subject to a big Donut! I too thought it would be better. Not a single knock! Decided to winterize the boat, get the chains on the ATV, patch up the burn holes on the portables and charge the batteries on the vexilars. Bring on the cold!

Sealegs

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Time for me to deploy my super secret spots!!!!

I know a couple hot spots for 12″ walleyes year round. Maybe give it a go Sunday afternoon.

Viewing 30 posts - 331 through 360 (of 434 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.