Pool 2 Report (2024)

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

With these water levels I doubt it. Mississippi pub and Willies ramps should still be open. Both are fantastic high water ramps and great places to eat and grab a drink.

parker brown

awesome thank you. Are these still open when the restaurant isn’t?

3Rivers

For reference, Hidden Harbor closed at 14.5ft back in 2014. It was at the top of the ramp and starting to flood the lot and bar.

Deuces

Does Watergate still allow the public to launch? Think it was $10 or 15 last time but haven’t been there for awhile.

dirtywater

Does Watergate still allow the public to launch? Think it was $10 or 15 last time but haven’t been there for awhile.

Your Boat Club got the contract to operate there last year and they were still allowing it in October. Haven’t used them this year. It was 10 for weekdays, 15 weekends and holidays.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Here’s the hot pattern right now. Get out on the river and anywhere current is swirling in 10 feet or less Chuck a crankbait or hair jig. If you don’t get bit in 5 minutes try a different swirl.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

For reference, Hidden Harbor closed at 14.5ft back in 2014. It was at the top of the ramp and starting to flood the lot and bar.

I’m not sure they use that ramp by the bar anymore. The other ramp is much higher than that ramp. There also used to be a paybox by the old ramp near the bar door.

buschman
    Pool 2

I’m not sure they use that ramp by the bar anymore. The other ramp is much higher than that ramp. There also used to be a paybox by the old ramp near the bar door.

I have used that ramp on the north end of their lot in 17.5 water. She wont close down in this one. Shouldn’t anyways.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

The boat ramp by the bar is open. That one is much better than the large one. The current coming down through Lions will smash your boat right into that dock. Don’t ask me how I know. The small launch is completely protected.

Bite was tough for us last night. Just a handful of small fish but plenty of other species to keep it interesting. Water levels are great, the clarity is pretty good, and the seams are setup perfectly. We were out in the evening so maybe it’s just an earlier bite. No reason they weren’t on the chew unless we just missed the bite window.

3Rivers

It sounds like the DNR is calling the shots for the 494 ramp and any opening date. Sort of a caught between a rock and a hard spot. City land but DNR ramp.
    DNR won’t put docks in until it’s significantly lower and city doesn’t want to open without docks. Whatever happened to launch at your own risk?

Also the grand opening for the new trailhead facility there was on Monday. Nice new place to take a leak or grab a drink, but will close at 10pm each day.

buschman
    Pool 2

DNR won’t put docks in until it’s significantly lower and city doesn’t want to open without docks. Whatever happened to launch at your own risk?

My guess is some numb skull launched at their own risk and screwed it up for the rest of us. That is our world today. We have to lower the bar on everything to meet expectations of the “minimum common sense” standard.

“Common sense is not a gift, its a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn’t have it.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Got out yesterday morning for a few hours…River is in great shape and the bite was good for us. Bright colored jointed shad raps were the ticket.

Didn’t find fish in all spots but once you found them they were stacked up.

Flow is still high so look for those slower seams or seams with slack water nearby. Don’t be afraid to go shallow. With the high flow and water there are some fish in the main channel but not many.

Prodigyboatsguy

Went out yesterday evening for a few hours. Pretty slow for us. 1 eye and a couple white bass. Lost something nicer but not sure what. Struggling to put a decent outing together. Makes a guy want to fish it more…

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Went out yesterday evening for a few hours. Pretty slow for us. 1 eye and a couple white bass. Lost something nicer but not sure what. Struggling to put a decent outing together. Makes a guy want to fish it more…

Seems to be an earlier bite recently. That’s what we’ve experienced.

buschman
    Pool 2

Its going to get tough out there by or after this weekend. New high levels in the pool is going to let a pile of grass, leaves and logs move again. Just a heads up anyways. There always biting somewhere but I wont be dropping the boat down there till crest after this weekend.

Prodigyboatsguy

Was out last night for 3 hours or so. Did find a few fish. found 3 eyes in a small area. Was thinking after the first 3 they would be stacked up since I caught them not far apart in time. A few cats and sheep head after that. Moved on and not much luck. Eyes were off and on top of a break 10 foot was the deeper end and 5-6 foot on the shallower end. Nothing big but all fat 20-23”. Probably be a week or so until I even attempt it again.

Jim

St. Paul predicted to hit major flood stage Wednesday afternoon, above 17’.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_9323.png

CBMN
    North Metro

The forecasted crest is up to 20′ on 6/26 now…

Sharon
    SE Metro

Saw this on a Facebook community page this morning.

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1719158475081.jpg

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Wow that’s coming up fast. A couple of days ago it was nowhere near the bottom of the steps!

Sharon
    SE Metro

And now this afternoon… she’s coming up quick!

Attachments:
    1. 494-access-on-06-24-24-about-2pm.jpg

JEREMY
    BP

Is that a stupid person trying to fish?

Deuces

Is that a stupid person trying to fish?

That’s not a terrible spot.

This would be a terrible spot…
    lol

Sharon
    SE Metro

Can’t even see turnaround island any more.

Attachments:
    1. 494-access-06-25-24-about-1pm.jpg

LabDaddy1

That’s crazy, Sharon. Guess we won’t see even close to normal water levels until about march at this rate… Just in time for it to flood again lol

JEREMY
    BP

On the plus side with all this water when it finally goes down all the state land along the river will be easier to hunt again. After not flooding good for a few years the normal woods with sand/dirt and patches of grass turned into everything overgrown with head high weeds. This should fix that problem. MN river that is.

buschman
    Pool 2

I will say this.. Last time the water was up like this during the warm water Lions Levee launch was a great shore spot. I watched a couple kids clean house casting the edge of the flooded pavement where we launch the boat. Just dropping whole crawlers on the bottom. If you can find the edge of the pavement in 4-5 FOW where it meets the grass. It turns into a big slackwater right now and the fish were using it. Channels, drum and eyes.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Looks like the river will be back down in about a week. I hope the clean up crews can get the ramps open quickly!

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 276 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.