Pool 2 Report (2024)

• Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

It’s always worth getting out!

I was out today in lower P2 and there was a lot of debris but clarity wasn’t terrible. My guess is it will get a little dirtier over the next 48 hours but it wouldn’t stop me from getting out.

They were biting ok for me this morning on cranks or crawlers. Current is high for this level but that didn’t seem to bother the walleyes.

Prodigyboatsguy

Anyone been out recently? If so how’s it shaping up? Cooler weather I have to imagine fish will start picking up and moving a touch deeper?

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’ve fished a few times in the last week from the dam to south of Lions. Caught fish pretty much everywhere on a variety of presentations but mainly live bait and cranks (trolled or casted).

Current is still moving well and fish seem to want the heavier current. I wouldn’t expect fish to be moving off current spots for quite awhile. Water is about 72 degrees.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I was north of the confluence yesterday. Everything was biting, but the surprise was 5 nice pike. I talked to some others who have been getting more pike this year too. I think they all swam out of Pickerel or Snelling Lake and never made it back during the high water! Im half kidding, I have no clue, but it was odd to keep catching them.

CBMN
    North Metro

I was out for a fair amount of time Sunday and found fairly cooperative fish on the Southern stretch of the pool.

Jim

They weren’t fussy on the Flicker Shad color this AM. Used several different colors.

Prodigyboatsguy

Got out today. Heck of a half day for numbers. 30-40 eyes for myself and a coworker.biggest was a 24 with about a dozen fish in the 20-22” range.

Deuces

Saw some teens catching lil wallies underneath minnehaha falls yesterday. Always fun to see kids doing their thing

Viewing 8 posts - 271 through 278 (of 278 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.