Pontoon Boat for tubing/skiing

• Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Hello Everyone,

We have thought about upgrading our pontoon so we could take the kids tubing/skiing. The tri-toons with a 150 have a hefty price tag but would I regret going with a twin tune and a 90 or 115? Will it get the job done? Also, does anyone have any first hand experience with the new Larson Escape pontoons? They look nice but that doesn’t mean the perform well. Any advice on tubing with a pontoon? Thanks!

Chad

leroy golden

I have a 25ft with a 125 merc be ready to buy a lot of gas compared to my 19 ft Lund with a130 Honda

takeemtim

I have a 31′ triton with a 250 pro xs. My neighbor has a 25′ standard pontoon with a 90 merc. I def recommend the tritoon. The performance is night and day differance. I am well aware a good amount would be so to the differance in motor but the way the boat handles in the turns (when whipping) is much better with a tritoon. It also take off out of the hole much better when pulling skiers.

311hemi
    Dayton, MN

I have a 31′ triton with a 250 pro xs. My neighbor has a 25′ standard pontoon with a 90 merc. I def recommend the tritoon. The performance is night and day differance. I am well aware a good amount would be so to the differance in motor but the way the boat handles in the turns (when whipping) is much better with a tritoon. It also take off out of the hole much better when pulling skiers.

You take it on any bigger lakes? Curious how the tritoon handles the really rough waters when it’s windy.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

we have a 22′ bennington tri toon with a 250 Yamaha and run it on the missippi river on the busiest of days and weekends and hand the large waves, and rough lake pepin, rides very smooth! never have had any problems with it being to rough out, its our go to boat!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Gregory, that wasn’t you that passed me while I was doing 30 mph near Everts last year was it? )

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Wouldn’t it be cheaper to buy a reasonbly priced ski boat (less that 10K) than to buy a tri-toon with a big motor (easily over 20K)? And keep your present pontoon.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Wouldn’t it be cheaper to buy a reasonbly priced ski boat (less that 10K) than to buy a tri-toon with a big motor (easily over 20K)? And keep your present pontoon.

But then you have two boats to store and maintain.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

probably, 30 she drags to much gotta bump here up a little bit toast

Doug Ledlie
    Southern Iowa

I’ve got a 26′ Playcraft Powertoon which is a tritoon that has the 350 mag 300hp chevy i/o. Absolutely love it. Easily pulls kids on tubes and skiing although doesn’t turn on a dime like a ski boat. Top speed around 55mph with very light load. Have had 12 adults on it able to cruise at 40 mph while grilling steak kabobs (had to prove I could). Have owned many boats and this by far handles the roughest water the easiest. Only problem is trying to dock or load in higher winds the thing isn’t very aerodynamic! My dad has a 22′ Manitou tritoon with 150 merc 4 stroke and its an amazing boat too just tops out around 35 mph which is still hauling the mail for a tooner. For a family/pleasure boat i will never own anything different. Depending on what condition you want I bought mine fairly used for under 15k but interior was a little worn. Just had seats redone this winter and with new flooring and all will still be well under 20k invested.

takeemtim

I have had it on Lake Superior with friends for a few concerts out of Duluth. We would venture out on the big lake and have never had any issues. Now, getting back on the trailer is a different story. I no longer trailer it as much as I used to do to that.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve got a 26′ Playcraft Powertoon which is a tritoon that has the 350 mag 300hp chevy i/o.

Pics!!! peace

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Seen this one at the boat show with 3 300hp motors and a near $200,000.00 price tag, it should do the trick….you’re welcome

Attachments:
    1. dodici-310-560px.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Seen this one at the boat show with 3 300hp motors and a near $200,000.00 price tag, it should do the trick….you’re welcome

LOL, my BIL sent me a pic of that one from the boat show, too!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Saw this by Wilmar and thought it would make a nice hairdryer for ma

Attachments:
    1. image13.jpeg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.