PK Lures

• piersm2
    St Cloud MN

Tried them last year and seem to work good. Anyone prefer these?

Matt Coffey

The PK predator spoon in the glow perch color is one of my favorite lures. They are one of my go to lures for perch and walleye.

piersm2
    St Cloud MN

What size do you go with? 1/8?

Matt Coffey

I run the 1/8 because until last year that was the only size available. I know they now have a smaller size that if I remember correctly is a 1/16 oz but I haven’t used them. I’m sure it’s dynamite for gills and crappie if that’s what you are after. I also have really good luck with the clown color and the pink/ white.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Hands down my go to spoons waytogo

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Yes, they work. They are fairly new to me. So they are not my go to lure yet. Since I modified my Northland forage minnow spoon and buckshots and those have been proven producers for such a long time for me.

piersm2
    St Cloud MN

Hands down my go to spoons waytogo

What size and colors do you like?

Yes, they work. They are fairly new to me. So they are not my go to lure yet. Since I modified my Northland forage minnow spoon and buckshots and those have been proven producers for such a long time for me.

What mods did you do?

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Before PK predator spoon came out…I had that done years ago. I use to post all about them, but photobucket has my photo’s for ransom. LOL.

A lot of my spoons have a flipper blades or fairy wings blades on them. They are nothing new, but I didn’t want to follow just tail kicker blades. Small rod taps of the tips, makes the blades fan and flip like as to appear the spoon is trying to swim with ventral fins. I saw a huge improvement in fish calling and fish bites after I made those modifications.

I concept was sort of done by Hildebrandt on some of their jigging spoons. A pair of little kicker blades, or flicker blades, or wings.

whytie
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

I have a box full of PK’s, they been working well over here. A good spoon when the fish are not aggressive. I find they worked best for me when jigged vertical.

piersm2
    St Cloud MN

Before PK predator spoon came out…I had that done years ago. I use to post all about them, but photobucket has my photo’s for ransom. LOL.

A lot of my spoons have a flipper blades or fairy wings blades on them. They are nothing new, but I didn’t want to follow just tail kicker blades. Small rod taps of the tips, makes the blades fan and flip like as to appear the spoon is trying to swim with ventral fins. I saw a huge improvement in fish calling and fish bites after I made those modifications.

I concept was sort of done by Hildebrandt on some of their jigging spoons. A pair of little kicker blades, or flicker blades, or wings.

Which blades did you put on? 1/8 would be great with some on there

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>slipperybob wrote:</div>

Which blades did you put on? 1/8 would be great with some on there

I typically use size 0 or 1. whatever the small ones are. Try not to use too big because then it becomes a spinner rig. But sometimes I want that effect though.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Been using Flutter Fish for years. They work.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Attached photos of examples

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20191023_021539.jpg

2. IMG_20191023_022330.jpg

Sylvanboat

1st photo bait above looks like an Erie Dearie. Are those ice fishing baits too? I have lots of the ol’ Dearies.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

1st photo bait above looks like an Erie Dearie. Are those ice fishing baits too? I have lots of the ol’ Dearies.

Nah, that’s just old school. Put a clevis and blade, add a bead, add weight and add hook. I reckon if I cast it and retrieve it or troll it, it would work like an Erie Dearie, just at about 1/16th of an oz. Well it works for ice fishing and some days the fish wants this lure contraption/configuration more than any of the other’s I’m jigging or dead sticking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.