Piggybacking

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

OK working off a previous thread I have questions. laugh

1) How old are you?

2) How long have you been registered here?

3) Do you get your fishing info from web sites, facebook, friends.

4) Do you find the info here trustworthy?

I am 61 and have been here at least 10 years. Just about all my info comes from web sites like this. I trust the info and suggestions I get here but use my own judgement.

Fire away. peace

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Hoping this was gonna be about minnows cry

brad-o
    Mankato

33, 5, all of the above, Your response was spot on.

Sharon
    SE Metro

34. About 8 or 9 years. Multiple info sources is best so for me it’s a combo of my Dad (Steve Root), IDO, friends, facebook, etc. And I say trust no one. (Except my Dad) smirk

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

60, 15 years. My walleye info mostly comes from anglers coming off the water on Pool 4. Catfish and sturgeon info comes from the end of my line mostly.

I only believe half of what I say. Less when it comes to walleye info.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I am 37 and I’ve been here for 11 years. I don’t trust anybody here except the sausage man and bk. I go to a couple other fishing sites and I joined Facebook last week and I’m already up to 4 friends. Only joined Facebook so I could see results of our walleye club. I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die when I was 12. Just kidding… haha

Curt Wuensch

If you can’t trust your sausage handler, who can you trust !??!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Name, Rank and Serial # only.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Well I was born in 1959, so how old does that make me. I forget, you can figure that out.

I suppose I have only been here a year and a half or so. Came here after the great LSF meltdown and cannot even remember how I came across this site. Perhaps a flyer handed to me in an airport or shopping mall.

I get my fishing info from myself which is not going out fishing enough, finding spots when I do get out that are devoid of fish, and employing techniques that cannot catch what is not there or worse yet cannot catch what is there. I am and will always be the “student”. Facebook is fine for what it is but would not take much advice from that world. Too much clutter and worse…profanity laced posts from sorts that are still in their 6th year of high school and can’t count how many beers they had before posting something. Some of what I see is Neanderthal. I picture the Geico caveman. Whatever?

The only problem I find with this site is that I find this site too trustworthy. There is way too much good and genuine advice. That and there is too much respect. It would be so much more dramatic if we could ridicule, bash, demoralize each other like on other forums or FB. Where is JD Winston now? laugh

Ron
    Victoria, mn

I’m 70, too soon old and too late smart. As Steven Wright said, I plan to live forever. So far, so good. I stumbled across this site maybe 3 years ago. I get my info from this and other fishing websites, plus In-Fisherman magazine. Most of the fishing-related info here is reliable, but there are times when you have to use your judgement, particularly those Ford-Chevy type of arguments about equipment.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

If you can’t trust your sausage handler, who can you trust !??!

granny sausage

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I’m 65.

Been here about 9 years. This site is the best out of about 5 that I check. Ido gets checked every day sometimes several times. waytogo

Info from most sites is legit.

But trust your gut.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I’m 52 and been here about 10 years on this stint. Was on here years ago, but left to help with another web site(Angler Insider). Came back here when I met Jon Jordan.

I get some of my fishing and hunting info from here, but most from trial and error on the water and in the woods. I don’t visit any other fishing sites and I have no idea what facebook is and I intend to keep it that way. I would say most info on here is trust worthy, but as with anything you have to use common sense and reasonable judgement.

Ryan P
    Farmington

I’m 31, been here a little over a year. I enjoy reading information on IDO and other sites how other people do things and then apply that information to my tactics. I do feel like the information from IDO is very trustworthy and I’m impressed to see how everyone here is usually willing to help people out.

djshannon
    Crosslake

69, 7 years, this site is a great resource for new fishing ideas (new to me anyway). I surf the web most morning with my cup of coffee… coffee

blackbay
    mn

Well as Garth Brooks sang, I’m much to young to feel this $@#& old.

I’ve been registered about 5 years I’m guessing. I lurked for awhile before that.

Most of my fishing info came from dad and grandpa first, then In-Fisherman, now new techniques come from web sites.

I don’t find much fishing info trustworthy. LOL Well trust but verify at least. Other info has been good and much appreciated.

404 ERROR
    MN

1. Dunbar, not dumb bear.

2. something like 4-5 years, for sure lurked longer in the shadows on the old site.

3. Find most of my own info with trial and error, but sometimes here or WC.

4. Very Trustworthy

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

1) 36

2) 10-12 years

3) I get a lot of info here. Otherwise, friends and relatives.

4) For the most part, yes. After a while, you figure out who is a “friend” to you and who is a blowhard. )

Dale Rueber
    Red Wing, MN

1) 55
    2) 6 years on this site
    3) Most of my fishing info comes from experience, friends, and this site. Read or hear something then go out and try it.
    4) I find most of the info very trustworthy but I’m mostly interested in techniques, tackle, and other hardware. If I were looking for info on where the hot bite is the trustworthiness would depend on who was supplying the info.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

It’s interesting to see ages of people compared to where I would have guessed based on online personas. )

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

5-6 years
    Great info well beyond the scope of fishing. There is a core of folks I find very trustworthy with the exception of Pugs bass pics which I think are photoshopped.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

…with the exception of Pugs bass pics which I think are photoshopped

I don’t even believe that he moved to Florida!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

39 years old/2 years on the site.

Mainly get my fishing info from my own research or talking to people that spend time on the specific bodies of water I plan to fish. Also get it from entering local tournaments to spend more time on the water (ie, St Croix Valley Walleye League).

Seems like the regulars on here are trustworthy but you gotta take internet fishing reports with a grain of salt.

To me, usually a lack of information means the fish are biting!

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I’m 35 and I’ve been registered only about a year or so. After googling around for various fishing-related topics I quickly found that many of the best results were coming from this site, so I joined. It’s the only outdoors forum I belong to. I hate Facebook and I hate when IDO occasionally stoops to that level — but that’s been rare in my experience.

I find most of the fishing info to be trustworthy and have been the recipient of some very good will — from fishings tips to employee discounts to screaming good deals on used gear. I value

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

joined when it was still “fish the river”

I develop my own information and call it my continuing education. If I have questions, I am not shy about asking. Since I enjoy reading I check a couple different sites but most spend my time on a couple tackle making sites.

For the most part I think information seen here is not bad [except the pro-packer crap] but one has to remember that information sharing is in large part opinion so the “grain of salt” comment holds true, which also comes with PC….packer crap. The info from the tackle site is all proven, no salt required.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

1) 34

2) Not sure 5ish years

3) I’m on Bookface also, get most of my info between here and there.

4) I find individual people on either are trustworthy, so case by case. With fishing guide’s posts, I believe the one’s that are obviously not spilling every little detail vs the one’s who do.

blackbay
    mn

It’s interesting to see ages of people compared to where I would have guessed based on online personas. )

Emotional age or calendar age?

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

I’m 72 and started looking at web sites when I retired at 65. Mostly here and WC. for the most part I trust the information on these two sites. Not so much for those who are not registered. info from guys on the water is some what better. Info from bars is suspect.

big_g
    Isle, MN

49 years old, I joined when it was briefly FTL…. the spin off of Fish the River… Fish the Lake. EFN…. remember that ? blush I get most of my info from on lake activities, but have met a bunch of good people here, that have shared a lot of tips, techniques and even a few beers with. I do not belong to any other “fishing sites” but am on facebook, that is so much politics now, I frequent it less and less.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I am 32 and became a member about a year and half ago. I get most of my fishing information from websites like IDO and fishing shows like IDO. bow I don’t do Facebook and this is the only site I am a member of right now. As far as trustworthy, I don’t think other members are trying to steer you away from what you should be doing. I enjoy the site and it is the first thing I look at each day I turn on my pc. Great people and lots of knowledge on everything it seems.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.