Picture storage/organization (Non Apple products)

• crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if there’s any template, folders, programs, whatever to store photos. These days between digital cameras, phones, downloads from buddies, etc. I’ve got fishing pictures scattered to the wind in all kinds of different devices. This will be a large project, but I’d like to consolidate and get all my electronic images in one place. I have a PC computer and Samsung phone. Any suggestions on whether to go hard drive or various “cloud” options? Thanks in advance, I really need help on this one. Lots of duplicate files all over!

P.S. please don’t hijack this thread with apple talk, I’m not going down that road.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A large USB storage device or memory card would work. That’s what I used before I started using Apple products. You’d have to send all the photos to your computer first though, as you would obviously need a USB port or a memory card drive. Most non-Apple laptops nowadays have multiple USB ports.

tswoboda

We use google photos for convenient cloud based and also have a portable external hard drive for hard storage backup. The portable SSD can be plugged into phone or laptop or tablet USB-C for viewing and transfering photos. Keeping everything organized is the biggest challenge. I think the portable SSD are around $100/TB

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

We use google photos for convenient cloud based and also have a portable external hard drive for hard storage backup. The portable SSD can be plugged into phone or laptop or tablet USB-C for viewing and transfering photos. Keeping everything organized is the biggest challenge. I think the portable SSD are around $100/TB

I do this as well. I use Google drive and pay for 1 TB of storage, but I also back that same folder up to a portable hard drive.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

Google photos is easy to use and has incredible search features.

Gitchi Gummi

+1 on google photos. it’s free and 15 GB gives you a lot of photos that can be accessed from anywhere

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I use a photo Backup stick. The one I have is cool because you can plug it into almost any devise and it searches for Photos and Saves them rather easily. Or least that’s what my wife says. I have her do all that technical crap.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.