Pick-up Trim packages

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I went to DOB today to order a PU.
    Had no idea Ram added a “next level” trim package. The Tungsten. I love it!!!
    Unfortunately only the 2025 1500’s are available now.
    Can’t order my 3500 until Nov/Dec
    The 1500 Tungsten starts at @ $87K
    They have a TV screen mounted in the dashboard for you passenger.
    Bunch of new color schemes also.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2025-ram-1500-tungsten-interior-review/

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Trucks are getting dumber and dumber, that or the customer base is. 87k for a 1500 rotflol
    But it has tvs lol

Give me a basic work truck, no bells no whistles. Power windows locks and cloth seats. Cut 50k off the tag and 100 times less headaches when issues occur at 150k miles

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Just don’t get your flavor of the week’s name embroidered in anywhere EPG and you should be good to go! rotflol

Now if they put TV’s in the headrests that I could control from the main console, I might be interested in one too. Tossing a tablet out the window has entered my mind more than once on a road trip!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

LOL!
    Good tip.
    Maybe I can get the scrolling embroidery option just to keep my bases covered. rotflol

My Sales guy said the HD Diesels start at 110.
    Belle says she likes the blue.
    I told her “not a chance” I’m going with grey or green.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

September 17, 2024 at 2:30 pm#2289658
    LOL!
    Good tip.
    Maybe I can get the scrolling embroidery option just to keep my bases covered.

Hahaha just get another screen in the passenger headrest you can reprogram, Seat Reserved for ______ rotflol jester

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Yep wait till it comes out of warranty and your spending $2500 a pop for simple repairs.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Yep wait till it comes out of warranty and your spending $2500 a pop for simple repairs.

If you pay $110k for a pickup, you have the money to move on to something else before the warranty is up.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Guys like us use trucks as intended (actually leaving the blacktop while hauling our stuff)and don’t care for the fancy cool gizmos and “creature features” adding cost to these vehicles. We are a small percent of what the majority market wants in a vehicle.

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigcrappie wrote:</div>

If you pay $110k for a pickup, you have the money to move on to something else before the warranty is up.

People who buy $100k trucks, keep them for 2 years and then get a new one… kind of like iPhones… gotta have the latest greatest. Nothing wrong with off roading in a $100k truck, with cooled seats on a hot day ! The do sell the Tradesman for under $40k or a Warlock for about $42k if you don’t want all the bells and whistles.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Ive owned a couple Bighorns and they are great trucks. Even though they are a lower trim level the creature comforts are pretty amazing. The 13” screen is amazing. Ram does their interiors really well.

The only thing that grinds my gears is the driver seat doesn’t have a memory setting. When my wife drives the truck I can never get the seat back to where I had it.

CaptainMusky

YOu guys with Rams like the HVAC controls on that big screen? I would hate that. ALso isnt the screen vertical? DOnt like that design either. Yes, its big, but vertical doesnt make sense to me

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

YOu guys with Rams like the HVAC controls on that big screen? I would hate that. ALso isnt the screen vertical? DOnt like that design either. Yes, its big, but vertical doesnt make sense to me

I have both…on the screen or actual buttons.

My wife’s car has big horizontal screens. They take up a ton of real estate and don’t layout very well imho. The vertical screen works great for me.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I have both…on the screen or actual buttons.

My wife’s car has big horizontal screens. They take up a ton of real estate and don’t layout very well imho. The vertical screen works great for me.

x2 on all of this, hate my wife’s SUV setup, and have both in my Ram.

CaptainMusky

Ram must have changed it then because I know when that redesign first happened they were all on the screen.
    GM did the same kind of thing with the redo of the Canyon and Colorado. THat is dumb design.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

LOL!
    Good tip.
    Maybe I can get the scrolling embroidery option just to keep my bases covered. rotflol

My Sales guy said the HD Diesels start at 110.
    Belle says she likes the blue.
    I told her “not a chance” I’m going with grey or green.

Is belle back thought you threw her out

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

She’s back. Might be for good this time. doah rotflol rotflol rotflol

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

X3

I have a 2020 Ram with the big vertical screen and love it. Very nice with both navigation and also music / sports. During hunting season I can see all the scores with Sirius and the NFL channel.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

She’s back. Might be for good this time.

Remember not to get married, because it’s all a might lol, unless she’s telling you she loves the truck and she’s buying it for you, then get married. If not it ain’t worth it.

walleyesforme

Guys like us use trucks as intended (actually leaving the blacktop while hauling our stuff)and don’t care for the fancy cool gizmos and “creature features” adding cost to these vehicles. We are a small percent of what the majority market wants in a vehicle.

It’s the Dodge way. Add something completely useless and charge 20k more than the competition. Do they still put those coolers under the floor in the back seat?

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Francis K wrote:</div>

It’s the Dodge way. Add something completely useless and charge 20k more than the competition. Do they still put those coolers under the floor in the back seat?

Apparently you’ve never looked at GMC’s.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Francis K wrote:</div>

You have quite the hate for the rams and lunds. It’s going to be ok. Your not forced to buy one. Take a gamble on a chev if you want, no one minds what you drive or ride

walleyesforme

I have not. Did I miss something where I said I did?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

[/quote]

I was thinking that, but it’s safe to say that about most the brands now.
    Add a 200 dollar TV, charge 7500 for it. Add some of the dumbest tailgates ever add 10k to the truck.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have not. Did I miss something where I said I did?

All the bashing tells us. You are probably bright enough to understand why I said that

CaptainMusky

gmcs are not that much more than a comparable Chevy plus it’s it best looking half ton on the road and using tinker toy garden tractor engines like all the rest. I ordered my truck about as maxed out as I could get a couple years ago and it was 63k. Same truck now is likely way more I’m sure but I have not checked. By the time my truck came in I was supposed to pay 5k more I said no, I’ll pay what my order form said. Good news is they offered me over 55k for it if I were to trade. Don’t think I will.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Ahh, nothing like a good Ram vs Chevy thread. devil

walleyesforme

It won’t be long before that debate will come to a forever end. The writing is on the wall for Dodge. I think in the somewhat near future they will get out of the truck game all together. They can only struggle to stay afloat so long.

CaptainMusky

Ram is also the only that I know of that has big rebates on their trucks because they aren’t selling. To my knowledge GMC isn’t offering anything for a truck I’d be interested in or not a 5.3.

big_g
    Isle, MN

It won’t be long before that debate will come to a forever end. The writing is on the wall for Dodge. I think in the somewhat near future they will get out of the truck game all together. They can only struggle to stay afloat so long.

Dodge & RAM are 2 different things. Dodge hasn’t built a truck since 2009. coffee

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Ram had the third most truck sales in the US last year, and were second 2019-2022. F150’s have been #1 for 50 years. I don’t think anyone would lose sleep if Stellantis sold them, but I don’t think the brand is going anywhere anytime soon.

http://www.hedgescompany.com/blog/2024/01/most-popular-truck-in-america/

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.