Philly Cheesteaks on the Blackstone Griddle

• ThunderLund78

Hi all,
    First time for me here in the recipe forum, but I recognize a few familiar names from other places. Really like the level of Activity here as compared to other sites, great stuff!

Anyway, for my innaugural post, We did Philly Cheesesteaks last night on the Blackstone. Out of this world. Had some steaks at the bottom of the freezer from a 1/2 beef we bought 2 years ago. I figured this would be a good application for those. Sliced them thin and on to the flat-top with onions, peppers, shrooms, buttered/toasted ciabatta bread and provolone. Not a purist’s cheesestesk but mouth-watering nonetheless!

I have a lot of weapons in my cooking arsenal. The Blackstone might just be my favorite!

Attachments:
    1. 20200729_183626.jpg

2. 20200729_183234.jpg

3. 20200729_181954.jpg

4. 20200729_180304.jpg

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Those look really good. Have you ever used the Blackstone table top for camping or fishing?

Brad Dimond

Please tell me you grilled the ciabatta – it looks wonderful!

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Holy hell that looks delicious.

catnip
    south metro

Looks delicious! I absolutely love my Blackstone!

Jeff Gilberg

That’s whats on the menu for supper tonight.
    I love my blackstone!

ThunderLund78

Thanks for the kind compliments, all!

Yes – this Ciabatta was buttered AND grilled/toasted on the flat-top. I do not have the smaller camping/tailgating version, they look like they could be useful though!

If anyone else has one of these bad boys, I’d love to hear about your great creations/ideas. So far we’ve done huge breakfasts (omelettes, bacon, sausage taters), Imitation Chipotle Chicken, Stir fry chicken/noodles and the BEST burgers ever, I’ll take a flat-top burger over a grill ANY day.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Looks great! can’t wait to use my Blackstone… picked up their “Range” combo – three-burner griddle with two side burners (and comes with a 1-gallon deepfryer that goes over one of the burners). Had a natural gas line installed at the deck and converted the grill over from LP. I’ll have that sitting next to my Weber Performer Plus and Charbroil electric smoker. Yeah, I like to cook… )

eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

I picked up the portable table top version a few months ago + $80 resin cart with wheels off Amazon for easy rolling in and out of garage. Love the flat top for cooking and just broke in the fryer the other day with 4 batches of walleye!

Attachments:
    1. 1ECE5F35-256C-465F-AA65-23653B9C0E96.jpeg

ThunderLund78

I picked up the portable table top version a few months ago + $80 resin cart with wheels off Amazon for easy rolling in and out of garage. Love the flat top for cooking and just broke in the fryer the other day with 4 batches of walleye!

Great looking unit, eyefish!
    The new Blackstone 36″ griddles have two big air fryers built into the base – almost feel like selling mine and putting $$$ towards that. We use our airfryer in our kitchen a lot, but the Blackstone baskets are a LOT bigger. But you really can’t replace a good old fashioned deep fryer, either.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That looks awesome, is that 17″? Is that enough room? Between the gas, charcoal and smoker I’ve been hesitant to pick up one of these due to room restrictions.

catnip
    south metro

We picked up the 22″ portable with stand last summer for camping. And although we have not had a chance to go camping i do use it a couple times a month and love it. Its the perfect size for a family of 3 or 4 in my opinion. I can cook 1.5 lbs of bacon and an entire bag of the simply potatoes hashbrowns at the same time and still have room up the middle for about 3 slices of toast. I think the best part is maybe how easy they are to clean. Breakfast is my favorite to do on it but i have made fried rice, cheese steaks, steaks oh man do thise turn out good,and all sorts of other stuff that i dont want to cook in the kitchen in the summer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.