Permanent fish house newbie: equipment checklist help

• Eric.Christians
    Sabin - Moorhead, MN

I bought a 8×16 ice castle this summer and have spent some time (too much according to my wife) preparing and making lists of equipment to bring. Now I need your help, what am I missing? I’ve been fishing out go portables & staying in cabins or with friends for years so items that I would specifically need now that I have a permanent are appreciated. Whether items of necessity or comfort, Any ideas help.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

With perm shacks, I tend to focus on the food. Pots, pans, knives, cutting boards, water jugs, coffee pot, filters, dishes, wash tub for dishes, fish breading, spices, paper goods, and so on. Then after that, I think about a taller Frabil sit and fish bucket with a full sized toiled lid on it and TP. And trash bags.

Jordan Dahl

Take an old coffee can and fill it full of card games and dice. You never know when the fish won’t cooperate. I feel like I can never have enough lighters either. I’m always finding good uses for them.
    Flashlights / headlights.
    Lots of batteries.
    Extra sweatshirts/gloves
    If you plan on going to red lake or LOW ( or any large body of water ) prepare for the worst. White out conditions can happen in a blink of an eye and without the proper gps you could be stuck. Not fun, trust me.

Eric.Christians
    Sabin - Moorhead, MN

Great ideas guys, thanks for your input!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

tools.
    – metric and SAE , sockets, wrenches, allen, screwdrivers, pliers, adjustable wrench, hose clamps, electrical tape, knife.
    – extra set of pins for axle and tongue.
    – repair supplies for a broken lift cable.
    -Random bolts, nuts washers and screws.
    – electrical wire and such.
    – light bulbs
    – fuses

Slush catcher bucket/tub
    broom
    carb cleaner for a frozen door/latch
    grease gun to grease your fittings on the axle system

Eric.Christians
    Sabin - Moorhead, MN

My list keeps getting longer, Thanks for all the input! Any other ideas, keep them coming.
    Mark B. I get the feeling you have experienced some troubles on the ice or you really paid attention in boy scouts.

lhprop1
    Eagan

A plastic cup and an ice cube tray.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.