Pepin

• Umy
    South Metro

Question
    I live in Eagan. Would like to take the missus on the boat tomorrow ( Sunday) on Pepin. launched from down there on the river only once before in the current by myself and not real excited about doing that again.
    Are the any public launches anyone can recommend I can use that are not on the main channel that I can leave from and get on the lake easily? Just looking to cruise a little and see some sights and have no history in that area at all.
    Any suggestions ( pro or con) would be appreciated.

haleysgold
    SE MN

In Lake City there’s Roschen Park on the South end and Hok-Si-La on the North end. Both have decent boat ramps and a dock.

Jimmy Jones

As Haleysgold has mentioned, the two in Lake City are free and can generally allow decent launching and landing depending on wind direction. Right now there’s not a ton of current to deal with.

Reef W

Colville Park in Red Wing has a bay with no current and is only a few miles up.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20241005_075014_onX-Hunt.jpg

isu22andy

Colvill if you want to see upper redwing and river . Hok-Si-La if you want a mid lake launch . The current is almost non existent . I bet you could kayak up it with ease. .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.