PanOptix

• FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’m seriously considering buying a Garmin PanOptix.

Does anyone have one?

If so, tell me about it.

This is unreal fishing technology. Casting a crank and watching fish chase or strike your lure on your screen. Look out tournament guys.

Big2thpick
    NULL

That is a pretty impressive piece of electronics. I don’t think that I could drop $7500 on it though.

raynestorm
    Lake Wisconsin

You do not need the $7500 unit to get panoptix, I saw a 7″ unit that was around $1000 msrp that had panoptix ability.

It truly looks amazing and I have strongly considered switching to Garmin. I would like to get some hands on use first, though, and some feedback from other users as well.

Garmin is a top notch company and I feel that they offer more value for your dollar than lowrance/humminbird. They also possess some leading technology, so they are not just followers in the game.

The few reviews I have seen on Garmin’s customer service, rates them at exceptional, and that to me is important, especially after having to deal with worthless Lowrance CS a few years back.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Yeah i’d be looking at a 7″ or 8″ screen for starters.
    Probably 1 of the 2 transducers at first too. That would keep the initial cost <$3.5K

Hoping someone has one, that’d be nice to see on the water.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-electronics-forum/650637-garmin-panoptix-3d-forward-scan.html

Fixed link

The transducer is 3″x6″ I guess from what it sounds like there is concens over mounting this thing . Garmin says not to travel above 20mph for sidevu and not above 25mph for down vu. The side vu no brainer there as its mounted to the trolling motor.
    The downvu going to be a bit problematic as it has to be mounted below the hull and that a lot of drag. Its covered in the conversation

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Aaah So expensive. Having a hard time pulling the trigger when i could get an 1199 for $2k right now!

Decisions!

Could get a GPSMAP 7610 for $2700. + 200 for duecer. That’s a 10″ touch screen, equivilant side imaging, down and sonar. Similar to the Onix in price and features.
    Add the Panoptix duecer later for $1500.

The thing that i find most compelling about the Garmin is the 3d RealVu Historical. Man i would think that would make finding fish easy as heck.

Attachments:
    1. realvu-3d-historical.png

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

Have you looked into the “fish eye veiw” these units come with. I have it in mine but never had the oppertunity to use it. Last I looked I beleive there was only 68 lakes in Minnesota it would work on. Pretty much the major lakes.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I decided to go with an 1199 SI.
    Leaves room for a 4wheeler.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m seriously considering buying a Garmin PanOptix.

Does anyone have one?

If so, tell me about it.

This is unreal fishing technology. Casting a crank and watching fish chase or strike your lure on your screen. Look out tournament guys.

I’ve been wowed by the demos to the point where I plan to put one on my new boat this summer. I’m hearing my boat should be at SBC some time in May so with a little luck I should have the fully rigged boat, with the new Garmins, on the water June 1. I’ll let everyone know how it goes once I’ve got some time on the water with the new units under my belt. The technology is very, very impressive.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Thanks for biting the bullet for us James! waytogo

I’m kind of, just a little, regretting going with lowrance last spring.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

I just noticed the other day Fleet Farm carries Garmin. Not a verry big line of them at the store in Hudson. Maybe the new bigger stores might carry a bigger line.

Arthur Tang

It seems like you have to point the trolling motor in the direction of your lure to see it on the screen. If you only fish on calm days with little to no wind, no problem. But let’s be realistic. If it’s windy and you’re on the trolling motor every 5-10 seconds, you may have a problem. Unless you want to cast directly into the wind on every cast. Just my observation.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I just noticed the other day Fleet Farm carries Garmin. Not a verry big line of them at the store in Hudson. Maybe the new bigger stores might carry a bigger line.

FF doesn’t carry anything high end electronics. Same with Gander.
    Cabelas doesn’t have panOptix either in stores.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.