Favorite Panfish Line?

• BBKK
    IA

What is your favorite panfish line for throwing small jigs?

Personally I like to use trilene micro ice. Yep, ice line. Its super thin and very low memory.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I use 5# Power Pro, at times with a small leader double uni tied.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

I have never seen 5# power pro, but I do have some 4# I’m wanting to try. I’ll have to spool it up and give it a shot, its got the diameter of hair

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

4 & 6 lb. Fireline. Sometimes crystal and sometimes lime green.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

4# mono or 6# power pro with leader.

Not to hijack but…Do you guys use braid with a slip float or revert back to mono?

justinwitmer

6# Stren Hi-vis gold

I can see to tie a hook on with it !

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

With floats, 4 pound xl, clear.

Without a float, either 4 pound Vanish clear or 4 pound Nanofil

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

6lb pline florou clear and also pline cxx in florouresant clear blue in super clear water like bullshoals fished both lines next to each other 6 to 1 on the clear blue perch fishing

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Not to hijack but…Do you guys use braid with a slip float or revert back to mono?

Hijack away! I’m wondering the exact same thing!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

4 pound xl, clear. Sometime Sensithin.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Quote:

It works to an extent, but when the line gets too soft…it won’t pull/slip and it tends to wrap and knot itself too often. My dedicated slip is always mono.

btw My favorite panfish line is 4# Silverthread Excalibur, but when I’m looking for more strength I go with 4# Gamma copoly.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I am in love with 6lb Nanofil from Berkley. It’s great for casting small jigs and light lures, yet has enough strength to pull in a really nice fish out of the weeds and brush.

I’ve quit using 2 and 4lb mono for the most part except in gin clear water.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I use 4lb fluoroclear P-line in both winter and summer for panfish. I love this stuff and its able to handle the accidental northern or bass that I always seem to get while targeting crappies.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Quote:

I have never seen 5# power pro, but I do have some 4# I’m wanting to try. I’ll have to spool it up and give it a shot, its got the diameter of hair

I have the power pro spooled up but havent had a chance to use it yet. I really like the feel of it though, so I cant wait to give it a try. Maybe next week.

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Anybody have any experience with the Vicious Panfishing Line series? Actually just bought some to try out seems to be pretty solid stuff but curious as to others experiences with it.

BBKK
    IA

Guess I should update this. I have been using the 4lb power pro now for a few weeks. I like it a lot. It is very sensitive and casts small jigs far. I have caught dozens of crappies, some nice gills, and even a couple accidental walleye.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

The regular or slick?

BBKK
    IA

Regular, red. Tying direct to the jig head using 1/80 jig and gulp 1″ minnow mostly.

tnach
    Wisconsin

For casting jigs & spoons its 4# Fireline Crystal, everything else it’s 4# Trilene XT.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.