any good onalaska reports?

• Predator00
    Onalaska Wi.

Been moving our shack around quite a bit. No real good fish reports as of late. We are on a fish crib now and are seeing lots of fish on camera but they are not real interestted in biting. Ever where we have been we are at least seeing fish on camera but the bite seems slow. Just checking to see if others are doing any thing? thanks Larry

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Good reports? not really…REELGUY and I started off around 9:45a.m yesterday morning on fisherman’s road…we didn’t even see a fish for an hour and a half. We were moving all over w/no luck at all. Then we moved out into deeper water and managed to catch a 3″ bass and a perch. We were fishing a drop off next to a weed bed.

After RG left, I stayed out for a bit and actually moved out into even deeper water (about 8ft). I got into a major school of perch. They were holding on the bottom and were hitting jigs and waxies and minnows. Ended up catching about 25 perch, and a few sunnies..nothing real big….but good action.

Nobody else seemed to be having much luck either.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Fished by the runway lights pretty much all day today. Tip-ups produced no flags. I am sure this is due to the many shad still around right now. This afternoon we finally found some active gills. The good bite started around 2 o’clock. While we did not hammer them, they were pretty aggressive. We could get a few fish per hole than have to move to a different hole. This produced the best success. I used a purple rat finky tipped with a waxie. Also a few came to a chartreuse teardrop w/waxie. There were several people catching fish, just not big numbers. Ice was around 13 inches and driveable. Most people left early, I suppose the game influenced them, LOL. Anyway, I am not sure how the next cold front will affect the bite. It seems just when it starts to get good, the weather makes a big change .

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

And, Slop Bass… Thanks again for my very first mississippi Ice fishing advanture. The hospitality was generous and the company was enjoyable – Thanks!

I have to say, I have NEVER caught a bass under 5″… the 3″ was quite the fighter!

Curious question for the bass afficianodos ou there… shouldn’t yearling bass be BIGGER than 3 inches?

PS. Hope you didn’t eat all those homemade cookies my wife made you in ONE DAY!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.