Lake Onalaska Update

• kevin_m
    La Crosse

Does anyone know anything about the fishing tournament that is happening on Lake Onalaska this weekend like entrance fees, times, and location. Any info would be of great help.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Madhatter-I made a new post on the tourney on the Ice Fishing page.

buckmaster

Planned on taking my 2 kids out this weekend, any spots that anyone is willing to tell that will keep the kids occupied? Probably will not last long, but they are talking warm weather and I figured this would be a good weekend to get them out. Also heard the lions club was having a derby this weekend, any truth to that? Thanks

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

All I can offer is that the Lion’s Club is having a tourney on Sat. As far as where to take a kid or yourself and catch fish, no clue . It has been a tough bite this year and I have not fished it much lately. Sorry

buckmaster

Thanks for the reply. Think we might give it a shot in “22”, still talking nice weather so that is good.

kevin_m
    La Crosse

For those of you who were wondering about the tourney this weekend if just got some info on it. The weigh in starts at 11 to 3 p.m. The tickets are $2 or 3 of 5$ for the raffles but I believe that you need a ticked to put a fish on the leader board. The weigh in is a Red Sails, I think at the same place as the tourney two weeks ago. That is all that I know. I hope I helped out some. Good luck to all.

Weasel
    WI,Onalaska

thanks madhatter i probably will be going out on sat.

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Buckmaster, Not taking the twins out with ya huh. Probably a good idea, keep them home if there is a tourney out there. Hundreds of drunken eskimos looking for a pair of hot blondes like them. See ya out there.

buckmaster

Duckilr,

Your right I amn’t taking the twins out with me this weekend. Taking the two young pups out. Do you know of any hotspots that I might try besides the downtown bars? Got some nasty rain today, hoping it doesn’t freeze for the trip over. See ya all out on the ice.

buckmaster

Just heard about the elderly man that fell through and died in Blackdeer. Was in there on Sunday morning with little to no success. Did see alot of gills, but couldn’t get the big boys to bite. Ice was thin and very soft in lots of areas. The springs and warm weather are taking a beating to the ice in blackdeer, so if you are fishing it be careful.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Buckmaster,

Where did you walk in from? The upper Brice Prairie Landing or the public trail? Thanks.

buckmaster

Blue,

I walked from the landing all the way past the walk-in. I was probably 20-25 feet from where the open water was. Saw and caught a few perch (all little), but mostly gills. They were scattered all over in depth, but the big ones were just under the ice. Good luck to all. I will let you know how the ice is tomorrow since the boys are attempting to get the shack off the ice tonight. Could be nice and sloppy.

Weasel
    WI,Onalaska

could anyone tell me how the ice is on lake onalaska can you still drive on it?

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Well as of last saturday there was 2 feet of ice, HOWEVER, with recent events and warm weather, i’m not taking my truck out there anymore. I’d say THE LAKE is probably still safe to walk on, but I’d stay away from Blackdeer, for obvious reasons.

Weasel
    WI,Onalaska

thanks alot slop bass have you been catching any fish on the lake lately?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

There were very few vehicles out there the last few days. A lot of the houses are being pulled. There are a few people walking and running atv’s. I am done there as well until open water.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I’ve also given up ice fishing on the lake…Won’t got back ’til it opens up. Genoa is open, i’ll be going there in the meantime.

buckmaster

Shack got pulled off last night by 2 snowmobiles. Ice is real rough with big holes close to shore. Saw 2 guys drive there trucks out to get the shacks, but by the weekend with this 40-50 degree weather I don’t think it is worth taking a truck out. Fish aren’t active enough or worth losing your life over. Good luck to all!!

Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.