Pool 14 White bass

• mikez
    Missoula MT, Eldridge IA

Hit pool 14 sunday morning looking for Walleye and after nearly 3 hours only had a 13 incher come to the boat. I and my partner couldn’t decide what to try next when I noticed sea gulls swarming on a wing damn. As we got closer, we could see baitfish and white bass breaking the surface along the dam. BINGO!!! An hour later we headed in with a cooler full, not quite a limit, of mostly 2-3 pounders. All caught on white, yellow and orange twister tails. Man I love that fast action, and a good way to top off a nice day on the river. I guess sea gulls are good for something!!!

evileye
    Milan Il

I don’t care to eat them, but when they get that size ,they sure are a blast to catch. Glad you had a good day

mikez
    Missoula MT, Eldridge IA

You are right Tony!!! Not the best eatin’, (Althought the smaller one’s are O.K.), but a lot of fun either way!!! And that’s what it’s all about, at least when I take someone else out!!! Especially someone who’s targeted blue gill for the past year.

I’m all for the walleye’s!!!! If I can get them, but fishing the “RIVER”, is like a grab bag. And that’s what I like. You just never know what’s on that line!!!!

All I can say is if the white bass are schooling like this, the walleye fall bite can’t be too far behind…can it????

Good luck next time you get out, Tony!!!!

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

Glad ya had a good day out on the river, thanks for the report . one thing for sure with the cooler temps we should start seeing alot less pleasure boat traffic.

mikez
    Missoula MT, Eldridge IA

I don’t know about delicious, but they ain’t too bad. I mean, we could be talking about bull heads or worse…cat fish!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.