BLUEGILLS & BLACKEEEEEES

• mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Finally a day off. I just wanted to stop and say HEY to you guys out there that are having a banner year for Gills, and Blackees. It has been almost 20 years since I have seen you guys everywhere anD most having GREAT SUCCESS. The gills seem to be everywhere and the B crappies seem to be on pretty predictible lay downs. There for a couple,(actually a bunch), of years it got kind of lonely on the pool except for a few areas. This last few years the pool has really got busy again. Also nice to see the large numbers of husband,wife,children, and grand children getting into the act. Gotta love a fish that bites readily and fights hard for it’s size. Although I’m to lazy to keep and clean them I hear they are as tasty as ever.

djbeagle
    Onalaska, wi

Hey Mountain Man, I totally agree with your post. The crappie action has been hot for about the past month. I am not finding them eveywhere, but there sure are plenty around. Great fun to find and catch, although I usually do not keep crappies for the table, for that matter I release 98% of what I catch. The best location I have found for crappies is weed edges close to deep water with isolated wood.

Good fishing,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.