LONG WALK ICE FISHING

• larsonlawyers
    Nelson Wi

Fishing over on the long walk which is located straight out from the river ridge resort about 4 miles out of nelson has been doing pretty good lately. Lots of fish have been coming out of there with better than average size. Mostly sunnies, but it is worth the walk out there for it, or if you have a snowmobile or an atv it would make it a lot quicker just be smarter than the few idiots that tried a little while ago.

flick
    Alma WI

I wouldn’t take a ATV or Snowmobile because of all the Springs that are on big lake that can
    open in just a couple hours of warm weather. I would think it would be safe now with all
    the cold temperatures we have had lately. Hey Larsonlawyers too bad those northerns aren’t out there
    like they use to be!! ehhhh

larsonlawyers
    Nelson Wi

yeah it is just to sad to think of it. but oh well @#$@#$ happens, i guess. it should definately be good to go now taking a four wheeler over. definately a snowmobile from anwhere, but just keep on the throttle the whole way.

Barney

New to the site. I have been actively looking for large panfish and crappies, but havent located them like last year. I have been fishing the dike road, highlines, and have just recently began catching some large bluegills in about 5 feet of water. Fish are being located in 18 feet, suspended at about 5 feet off bottom, but nobody seems to be able to entice a bite. Any suggestions for the large panfish and crappies from last year. Hungry for a fishfry!!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Crappie1,

Welcome to the site !!

I have ben catching my bigger gills in 18 inches to 2 feet of water…When I head out to deeper water i know the fish are there but they won’t bite…I wonder if these brutes are coming into the shallows and feeding then headdin out to deeper water to kick back and rest ? I have been seeing a lot of bass and pike crusing under my hole in the shallows..maybe the gills are staying out of their way except to eat ?

I’m just thinking out loud

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.