ice fishing Galena

• serts
    NW Illinois

Interesting week. Be careful! Had a four wheeler from Iowa go thru the ice yesterday. The ice is becoming very iffy in places. Harris Slough is bad. Don’t cross it! River is going up again so lots of current. Only place with no current is the far end of Kehough. Have been catching fish up there but have to sort thru the small ones to get to the one or two keepers. Have been getting both gills and crappies. Where’s the cold weather?? Good luck.

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

thanks for the heads up serts was going to head up there 1 day this weekend,now I’ll have to find a lake.

jdb
    freeport,IL

Ice is dangerous this year compared to the past. Quite a few people and vehicals are going through the ice. My friend and I were out on a three wheeler in Thompson and luckily it was before the warm spell. He caught one perch and I’m , but it was fun riding backwards on the wheeler. There is a pond we are wanting to visit but we did so good there last year its almost too easy . Myself I would like to try sunfish, but too thin right now to cross the galena river. Good luck and safe fishing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.