Gill fishing on pool 9

• sallie

Fishing Machine called this morning and asked if I wanted to go sunfishing. It didn’t take to long to say yes. Such a beautiful day.
    We headed up to the Desoto area. The first fish I caught was a sheephead and after yesterday I didn’t want to see another one of them. We were fishing along the rocks on the bottom or just off the bottom. We picked up a few but very few. Just using a split shot and a icefishing jig with a little chunk of crawler. We decided to try another spot and boy am I glad we moved. We anchored in about 7ft. of water and tried the same thing we had been doing. No luck. Fishing Machine decided to try a bobber. She was fishing about 3ft. down with 2 poles and couldn’t keep up with both poles. Finally she had to fish with just one. I started catching some when I switched to a bobber. They were very nice size gills. Sorry, I don’t have a camera.
    Thank’s Fishing Machine for the nice day on the river.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Sounds like the bluegills are biting good in the backwaters up there, I hope they keep biting and it only gets better.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Sal it was my pleasure to have you in my boat. Yesterday and today were both very nice days to be on the water. And she is the “SHEEPHEAD QUEEN” guys and gals. I mean she caught sheephead no matter what we were fishing for. Yesterday we actually went to try to get some more carp to can. But all I ended up with was a large carp scale where I had one on. Gave up on that and went to trolling and drifting for eyes. We caught lots of fish. But only 2 keepers doing that. Sal had a catfish and I got a keeper eye. I had a striper that the plug was bigger than it was. And was so funny the poor thing had all 3 barbs of the one hook in it’s mouth. Had to be this years hatch.
    We had lots of SAL.
    Thank you

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Quote:

I had a striper that the plug was bigger than it was. And was so funny the poor thing had all 3 barbs of the one hook in it’s mouth.

Well, at least it was in his mouth and not in some one’s wrist . See what happens when you don’t bring Ms. Camera Happy?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.