Monster ‘gill

• fishahollik
    South Range, WI

My 2 year old caught this Monster today. He was yellin “Big fishie daddy big fishie daddy” I turned around and he had it winched up to thte eye at the end of the rod.

herb
    6ft under

Man, that’s an awfully small soccer ball.
    Just kidding.
    That is a whopper gill for sure. Tell him -way to go- for me.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

That will look nice on the wall.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Way to go Fishahollik II
    Thanks, Bill

Jira

That’s either an optical DE-lusion… (only likely if this post was made by my brother in law)

…or that might be the biggest gill I’ve ever seen!!!

Thanks for the great pic and congrats to the little guy!

joeyko13
    Sugar Grove, IL

Your subject is definitely correct. That is a MONSTER ‘GILL!! Hats off to the little guy.

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

great fish, and you better watch out that little one will outfish you soon

jason26
    Cedar Falls, IA

nice gil, I like the dark spawning color on him. How long is it? I bet he had a blast bring it in. Those gil’s put on one heck of a fight when they get turned sideways.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

There is no greater reward for a father and fisherman then when his child becomes a better fisherman than he.

jason26
    Cedar Falls, IA

Quote:

There is no greater reward for a father and fisherman then when his child becomes a better fisherman than he.

I am so glad this is true that way I dont feel so bad when I show up my old man everytime out. I dont have any children but I have been taking my 2nd cousin fishing alot lately with her grandpa (My Uncle) while my cousin is at work. She is five and we have had a great time. My favorite was a few times we hooked into 3lbs plus bass and give the rod to her. Its a blast. I can only imagine how much greater an experience it is for a father to watch his son.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

You are absolutely correct on that one. My son Nate loves kicking my behind and does it quite often.

Thanks, Bill

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.