North Lake

• tbone23
    Faribault, MN

Any word on ice conditions on North Lake? Thinking of fishing it the week after X-mas. Any updates would be appreciated.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I’ll check them out tomorrow,North Lake and Dushanes. Out for supper tonight,no time.

JohnEngler

Went out this evening. Extremely cold and not a bite?

tbone23
    Faribault, MN

I think this weather has slowed down the fishing in the area. They are calling for temps in the 30’s next week. Good ice out there? I haven’t fished down there in a year or two?

thanks

orca
    Red Wing, MN

I went out on north lake on Xmass day.Plenty of ice, 8 to ten inches,but the bite was real slow, one decent crappie and a carp tried to swim out of one of my holes.

stuart
    Mn.

Bet that was painfull…

vern
    Richfield, MN

Hey guys, I fished North for the first time last winter but only at night. We caught a few fish but it was pretty slow. Is it normally better during the day? I figured I should find some submerged timber to start with. Any other tips on what kind of structure to look for? It looked like a lot of people just fish straight out from the landing in 7 or 8′. Thanks a lot, Vern

tbone23
    Faribault, MN

I have caught all my fish first light straight out from the landing. It must be a low light bite. I usually just go out from the access and drill a bunch of holes. No specific places.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

T-bone.

Are you getting any numbers????

tbone23
    Faribault, MN

Nope

Been pretty slow usually 4-5 nice crappies.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

That’s what I kinda figured. It sure isn’t like it was a few years ago!!! We need another flood!

vern
    Richfield, MN

Thanks Tbone, I’ll give it another shot sometime soon. – Vern

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.