Pandora 60-Day Free Trial

• Sharon
    SE Metro

I’ve been listening to Pandora for free for a couple of years now and I love the variety of music I can find on there! I received an email today from Pandora for a free 60-day trial of their Pandora Premium service. It’s ad-free but the feature I’m tempted by is being able to download songs and save them for offline listening. My collection hasn’t changed much since the late 90s and it might be fun to have some new stuff. Has anyone ever signed up for this? Is it easy to cancel after the 60-day free trial? After the trial period Pandora Premium is $9.99 / month. Which isn’t terrible, but it’s not something I’m interested in paying for. Thanks in advance!

404 ERROR
    MN

I have Pandora Plus and like it. I use Pandora at work all day and the extra skips and no commercials are what sealed the deal for me. Plus now that I have unlimited data from Verizon, I use Pandora everywhere! I don’t see the benefit of upgrading another $5/month for premium.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

It is worth every penny if you enjoy music and don’t want to use your data. Or if you are in the sticks with no service…no problem since it downloads right to your phones hard drive or sd card. Quicker access too than through the app. I have a free version of this service thanks to a guy who knows a guy who……you get the point. I was able to add a fusion bluetooth transmitter to my HDS8 and play my phone through that. Technology is pretty awesome these days! If it is free for 60 days, try it and pretty sure you can download a couple hundred tracks in that amount of time, maybe more depending on how dedicated you get. I can’t imagine you lose those if you cancel but check the fine print.

brushhog80

I have the Plus version and love it. I also listen to the radio for 13 hours a day. It also works great in my boat. I just run the Bluetooth with my phone.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Can you download music with Pandora Plus, or is that just a feature of Pandora Premium?

Sharon
    SE Metro

If it is free for 60 days, try it and pretty sure you can download a couple hundred tracks in that amount of time, maybe more depending on how dedicated you get. I can’t imagine you lose those if you cancel but check the fine print.

That’s my plan. I’m looking into the fine print and I’m not seeing anything that specifies that you lose your downloaded songs after the trial period ends. So I might take a shot at this and see what happens.

404 ERROR
    MN

Can you download music with Pandora Plus, or is that just a feature of Pandora Premium?

I believe that is what the upgrade from Plus to Premium is. I have not seen anywhere where I can download music for offline listening.

Mr Big Eves
    Prior Lake, MN

Not to be that guy, but try Spotify! Same features as Pandora, but it also gives access to full albums by artists.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Not to be that guy, but try Spotify!

A few people on my facebook post about this suggested Spotify as well. I’ve never looked into it.

Do you have the free version or paid service?

Mr Big Eves
    Prior Lake, MN

I currently have the free version. I had the paid service, but I don’t listen enough to be concerned about commercials. You can also download the desktop version to listen to while at the computer.

I still have Pandora as well, I have to admit their mixed playlist are better but they tend to repeat from day to day.

Reef W

Another option nobody has mentioned is Google Play Music. It’s also $9.99/month for a single user but for $14.99/month they have a Family Share plan and you can share it among up to 6 different family members which can work out to a really good deal. It has access to individual songs/albums like Spotify and you can also create radio stations like with Pandora. It allows you to save music to your devices for off-line playback. Buying this (either single or family share) also gives you YouTube Red which removes ads from youtube videos and allows you to keep youtube playing on your phone with the screen off.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Another option nobody has mentioned is Google Play Music. It’s also $9.99/month for a single user but for $14.99/month they have a Family Share plan and you can share it among up to 6 different family members which can work out to a really good deal. It has access to individual songs/albums like Spotify and you can also create radio stations like with Pandora. It allows you to save music to your devices for off-line playback. Buying this (either single or family share) also gives you YouTube Red which removes ads from youtube videos and allows you to keep youtube playing on your phone with the screen off.

Now this sounds intriguing.. Might have to check that out.

troutbum
    St. Paul

The available music selection on Google Play is insane.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

I love spotify and would highly recommend it to anyone. With the free service you can still create playlists, but they will play commercials every few songs. It also requires internet to play. Pay $10 a month and you can listen it anywhere, including out of country where the rest of your phone gets no service, and theres no commercials. If anyone happens to be a college student, its half off.

They’ve got all sorts of playlists already created for every genre/mood/you name it, and theyve also got lists of the most popular songs of a lot of different countries, among other kinda odd but interesting things.

Guess their trial is 99 cents for 3 months.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.