P2 and flukes

• Ryan Repke

Ive been having good luck this year using zoom flukes for walleye. Mainly the Jr flukes in color pattern albino. I’ve been using them with a VMC mooneye jig. The hollow belly kinda bugs me so I’ll thread the hook as close to the back of the fluke as possible to help from the fish pulling the pants down on every bite. I’ve noticed by rigging it that way more of the hook is exposed and hookup % has been better. I also like to pinch about a half inch off the head of the plastic. Lately I’ve been finding the fish in backwaters or near shoreline current seams in 1-6 fow. The baitfish is all over in the backwaters as well with water temps in the low 60’s. Water clarity has been poor at best with all the rains recently. I used to post frequently a few years ago but can’t remember my password for my old screen name (Jigginrake). I used to mainly fish with bfishn plastics but I’ve found to have more luck and confidence lately with flukes.

Art

Dean Marshall turned to on to flukes about a dozen years ago. Been my go to bait ever since. I mainly drop shot them. Work year around. Been getting mine from Lunker City. Good action but biggest thing is color selection.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Check out the Prescott Bait Company mini flukes. They don’t have the hollow body, and pair nicely with a jig. By far my favorite plastic. My favorite colors are Baby Blue-gill, Red Smoke Glitter, Purple Fleck and Oyster. They sell these at Everts and 4 Seasons as well as http://www.prescottbaitcompany.com/basswalleye-baits/

nord

Art, Lunker City colors are fantastic. Now they’ve been coming out with a 3.5 in. split tail. Terry from Lunker City told me wait until you see the new colors for next year. They already have around a 100 colors. My credit card is ready!!!!!!! waytogo

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Started playing around with the flukes last year to. They sure do have the time. Prescot bait flukes are nice. Not sure why BfishN has never come out with a line of them. They are a pretty good crappie bait to.

buschman
    Pool 2

I have not use flukes at all.. We have really be on the swim baits and that is a whole different ball game. I would be interested to see this drop shot deal. Do you guys rig the same as they rig for Bass?

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

I hammered post-spawn eyes in May on purple fleck PBC flukes – They are legit.

Attachments:
    1. image1-3.jpg

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I was checking things out at Lunker City this morning and see 14 new colors in one of the minnow baits. Nice stuff.

http://www.lunkercity.com/

nord

AND MORE COMING FOR 2017. woot

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ll have to give these a shot! For you experienced P2 fishermen(if you care to share), what part of the pool is your favorite? I’ve spent most of my time down river from Lions Park Levee, and have had good success there, but have thought about heading up river to give it a shot. I just haven’t fished it much so confidence is low. I know I can usually put a few in the boat down river so it’s tough to trek to uncharted waters if you know what I mean.

Worth taking a look up river? One other positive is that if my boat motor dies I can float back towards the launch instead of towards the dam :).

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve used flukes only on heavy jig heads and/or in fast water. Snap jiggin them works. Throwing them into a riffle works. Maybe I just don’t have the confidence to fish them more slowly and I should try it. I think of them a little bit like a hair jig — they won’t really well under certain circumstances but they’re not as versatile as a ringworm or a curl tail grub or a crankbait.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Ive used them for clean up on some of the dams. Good option for those dams where you seem to only get two fish for each lure used. Or where they keep short striking.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Dean Marshall turned to on to flukes about a dozen years ago. Been my go to bait ever since. I mainly drop shot them. Work year around. Been getting mine from Lunker City. Good action but biggest thing is color selection.

Sorry Art, they don’t work don’t ever use them guys ! :]
    Kinda like another forgotten plastic that doesn’t work Super doos!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Art wrote:</div>

Sorry Art, they don’t work don’t ever use them guys ! :]
    Kinda like another forgotten plastic that doesn’t work Super doos!

Thinking back to the old site pretty sure they had there own posts going each spring? Wish a guy could still go through the Bfishntackle thread, pig central toast

Art

Exactly Dean. Don’t ever try a super doo on a drop shot rig.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.