Overtons in Rogers

• queenswake
    NULL

For those who do not know, the former Camping World right next to Cabela’s recently converted over to Overtons. I stopped by for the first time a few days ago and it’s well-stocked with a huge supply of boating and fishing stuff. I’ve bought from the catalog a few times over the years but it’s really nice to have a place to pick last minute stuff up in person. I think they will do really well as other than Fleet Farm or the expensive West Marine, there are few places with a really good boating selection.

Also, now that Gander Outdoors is back, it might be worth it to sign up for the Good Sam’s Club to get the discounts.

SpoonbillSlayer
    St. Michael, MN

So do you have to be a member to shop there, or you just get better deals if your a member. Never really heard of it before.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I stopped by the Gander in Lakeville. Boating selection was great but prices higher than Fleet Farm across the street. Tackle and fishing stuff pretty comparable. Gander had a good selection of live bait including medium suckers that looked pretty healthy.

You don’t need to be a member to shop there. It’s a discount club thing. If you shop there a lot I guess it could be worth it? (Overton’s & GM = same club, same owners)

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I stopped by the GM in forest lake what a waist of time. Prety much what I expected from camping camping world.

Thankfully it was on the way up to Duluth and we were exiting to get past the backup on 35. So it was not out of the way. I would have been pissed if I made special trip to get there.

queenswake
    NULL

Forgot to mention that Overton’s also has live bait. I always buy bait from the small guys, but sometimes if they are out of something, it’s nice to know that Cabela’s, and now Overton’s, has live bait.

Fleet Farm has most of the stuff a guy needs at least for a fishing boat, but I still encourage you to stop in because they have a lot more stuff. Electrical stuff, switches, fenders, cleaning supplies, etc. Basically more variety of what Fleet Farm has and a lot more that they do not carry. And I thought the prices on the things I looked at were fair.

It’s just nice to have options and always good to have competition.

SpoonbillSlayer
    St. Michael, MN

I checked out the Overtons in Rogers. Seemed to have a fair amount of tackle, but nothing over the top. Prices seemed same as everywhere else mostly. Higher on somethings, less on others. Nice to have another option next to Cabelas, so you can hit two places in one trip.

Maybe the advantage is if you join the club they have, though don’t like having to pay, to save.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.