Overall how would you rate your ice fishing season so far ???

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

depends on the target species and when i went.

overall good with pike…..i spear, some good days some not so good.

sunfish…….havent wet a line for them yet

crappies……ok

perch to be determined at a later date.

walleyes……. ok the one time i went.

Deuces

My mom lives on the east side of East Rush, looking out the window I counted around 80, yes, 80 freaking permanents out there this morning just in the basin on the east shoreline.

Weekends are even busier they say. Goodbye crappies!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My mom lives on the east side of East Rush, looking out the window I counted around 80, yes, 80 freaking permanents out there this morning just in the basin on the east shoreline.

Weekends are even busier they say. Goodbye crappies!!

Its been like that for years. Flickabirds alone stores 60 shacks all summer for the locals. Nothing new for rush. The lake some how survives it every year. And always still produces nice fish.

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

I’ve been doing really well, 50+ crappie and walleye nights as well as multiple 13-14 inch perch and some 15 inch crappies. Trophy lakers and pike too with my PB caught for both this season. Fishing unpressured water helps a lot

Nick

It’s been a good year for me so far. Crappies and gills have on the munch around my area, but with this cold snap my guess is the wheelhouses will over load the area lakes.

IceHawk
    Richmond mn

One of my best seasons ever other than having to deal with alot more activity and pressured fish. But by getting off the beaten path and doing some searching I have found some very good bites!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It gets better by the day

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Good early-sucks the last 4-5 weeks.Really sucks bad.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Early pretty good. Lately I could catch just as many in the bathtub.

AK Guy

Seems like my season is like many others. Good early, not so good now. I’m hoping for a strong finish before ice out.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Mine has been a solid 2 out of 10.

I’ve been usually busy with two 16-week old puppies and some extra overtime shifts at work. I’m getting out only half as much as usual, at best. I haven’t been able to put together a string of a few trips in a row or establish any sort of decent pattern. December was thin ice, and that’s usually my most productive month for walleye.

I’ve been shifting gears from walleye and starting to get on some panfish lately but the size hasn’t been anything to brag about. Lots of 5-7″ bluegills with some 8″ mixed in and a stray 9″ here and there.

I hope the season ends well. A good couple weeks bluegill fishing on late ice as the accesses go to hell would make be forget this dud of a season real quick!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Bad today

tim hurley

Can have an off day in the summer, but slow and ten below-no fun. Your a grinder Bear.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.