Otter xth lodge issue

• Nick roth

Reaching out to see if anyone else has had an issue with poles going thought the canvas pocket on the bottom of the otter hub houses. Purchased mine last year as an open box sale and used it for about 8 times and now one of the poles has blown though the bottom of the pocket. Since it’s an open box sale and I cannot locate my receipt (eBay purchase from a local shop) otter said the item is not covered. Looking at options on how to fix it on my own.

Attachments:
    1. DE54D2F1-F73A-4392-ADE0-476DF42577FA.jpeg

Use a pair of pliers with a nice heavy needle and some upholstery thread, sew it up. Heavier braid fishing line would work too.

I have an older Clam with almost every pole pocket and corner junction redone by hand now, better than new! smirk

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

80 lbs braid and needle waytogo

Nick roth

Never thought of using braid. Hell of a good idea. Thanks

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Just tightened up a few spots on my Eskimo 949i. The best part? if you take your time a do a crack up job of sewing, it’ll be much stronger than new.

If you really use your outdoor gear, there will be repairs required. Just part of this unperfect world we live in, IMHO…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just tightened up a few spots on my Eskimo 949i. The best part? if you take your time a do a crack up job of sewing, it’ll be much stronger than new.

If you really use your outdoor gear, there will be repairs required. Just part of this unperfect world we live in, IMHO…

My skirt on my resort has a few 80lbs braid stitches in it. But she is used and abused. My daily driver so to say

Nick roth

Thanks for the help. The house is back up and good to go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.