otter sportsmen case

• olso2063
    NULL

Do you have to fold up reels with this case?

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

i am able to fit 6 rod and reel combos in this case. i fold up the reels myself but that’s because i feel more comfortable with them that way. i know my buddy has this case and he doesn’t fold up his reels. mine seals better than his does though, go figure

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I use to fold mine when I first got it. Don’t anymore I have some reels with rather large handles and can still get the case closed without folding the handles

olso2063
    NULL

Good to know. I have one of those lakes n rivers cases from fleet farm and it doesn’t fit my 36″ Rod so looking to upgrade. Thanks guys

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I fold my reel handles while in the Otter box. I think most would not require this but I also feel this does not add any extra pressure or stress on the reels.

Dave

Tanner Arndt

As most have said, It will be putting less stress on your rods if you don’t but it also depends on the size of your reels. I have 2 pflueger trion size 20’s that fit easily then i have one of my older reels i dont even remember what it is called that is larger that i bend down but if u put it in the right direction should fit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.