Opinions on LEWS products

• mrpike1973

Hi all, What is your opinions on LEWS products? I have 3 Tp1 speed sticks I really like and just ordered a new tp1 black rod, I just got a cheaper xfinity combo. In the past I had an issue with a spinning reel but other than that issue. Are they a reputable company? The reason I ask is I’m thinking of changing over a few rods I don’t have many but usually like to stay with the same brand. I have 3 Daiwa tatulas reels that are good but after 2 years of hard but maintained use one is getting grindy already. Has anyone dealt with them on a warranty issue are they pretty good? I just got done with another company and never again glad it was the only one I had. Thank You.

blank

I have 3 Daiwa tatulas reels that are good but after 2 years of hard but maintained use one is getting grindy already. Has anyone dealt with them on a warranty issue are they pretty good?

I had a Tatula that malfunctioned on a cast and caused the gears to grind a little. I sent it in on a warranty and received it back within a week, no questions asked. I just had to pay to ship it out to California.

Sorry, I don’t have any experience with Lew’s products.

kro22

I have been using Lew’s casting reels since they returned to the market. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the quality of their reels. I have 5 bait casters ranging from $100 – $200. I also have two speed spool spinning reels. I have done very little maintenance and they work year after year with braid/mono/floro all alike. I would typically only buy shimano sahara spinning reels but have slowly switched to Lew’s and they haven’t missed a beat.
    As far as the rods go. I don’t have much experience with them but if their quality is half what their reels are I wouldn’t hesitate to try them.
    Good luck.
    KRO

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I received The Lew’s speed spool for HS graduation (79) it was an awesome reel and sits in a coffee at the cabin.
    Many years later I tried ti replace it but I couldn’t find them.
    I saw Lew’s had a booth a few years ago at a show so I stopped by and chatted with the Rep. He said they quit making them for a while but had so many requests that they brought them back.
    I ended up buying a rod and reel combo, sorry I can’t remember which one I purchased, but I absolutely love it. Silky Smooth!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I run lews speed spools 130 to 170ish market. I have 5 of them for 2 or 3 seasons now and have never had a single issue. This last year o added 4 spinning reels and really like them to.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Bought some lews Hero spinning reels 30 bucks a piece for crappie rods , have not used them yet , but free cranking and bail action are very smooth !

Lou W

I have 2 speed spool baitcasters. Solid reels, no trouble

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I have two baitcasters and work every year for the last 20 years.

Brent Shogren

Just rec’d, Lews Mach Smash Spin Combo yesterday in mail from Cabelas. Reel missing screw cap to hold reel handle on. Lew’s says its Cabelas issue, Cabelas doesnt carry Lew parts. I have two Lews baitcasters and enjoy them, this experience is very disappointing.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Hardcore Daiwa guy here especially Tatulas. I bought a Speed Spool (the $100 model) baitcaster for cheap, and I have been very impressed so far. Very sturdy and surprisingly smooth.

PS…Holy thread revival…..

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My lews stuff that I posted about back when this is fresh is still alive and doing great. Gets abused and still is kicking.

mrpike1973

Any Lews products I had are dead and thrown away however I still have 2 Lews t shirts I wear applause They outlasted the rods/reels

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Any Lews products I had are dead and thrown away however I still have 2 Lews t shirts I wear applause They outlasted the rods/reels

Buy cheap products and get cheap products. Thats any maker. I for one can say I abuse my gear and fish it hard, if they can withstand me and my 10 year old then I can confirm they have been great products. But like I stated the reels alone were in the 150 to 170ish range and I wouldn’t touch there rods.

Lou W

I have a couple speed spools I got 12 years ago, flawless.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.