Online contour map?

• Nik Hammer

Goin to URL for the first time next week and I cant seem to find a contour map online anywhere… Anyone got a link or a place to pick one up?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

+1 on Navionics!

Nik Hammer

Wow thanks I been lookin for awhile.. Any types of structure I need to try? Any tactics I should use? I’m thinkin run and gun with rippin raps and rattle spoons on some inside breaks and finger points.

Walleye Hungry

I have no idea where or what to do either. I watch a couple IDO videos so i picked up a few jigs and spoons, but all i can tell is people go out in the middle of no where and set-up. I am not complaining, i just wish i had a better understanding of what direction to go/what to look for.

I am heading up Friday and will report back on Monday with what i did/where i went

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Righteous name!!

Remember looking at maps of red only half of the upper lake will be mapped.

Reed

Wow thanks I been lookin for awhile.. Any types of structure I need to try? Any tactics I should use? I’m thinkin run and gun with rippin raps and rattle spoons on some inside breaks and finger points.

There isn’t a ton of structure on red; it’s a large bowl for the most part. With current conditions i would check with the resort that you head out of and they may have a few tips. Sounds like most people have been fishing around 8″ with a hot morning and late afternoon bite with jigs and dead sticking during the slow times. The water is still clearing up, reds, pink and chartreuse should work nicely. Historically I’ve had great luck with buckshots, tingelers, forage minnows. I say drill and hole and drop a line; you’ll catch em’.

Nik Hammer

was thinking a series of about thirty holes on the east side of that bar would be a good place… can i just walk out from some public access or do i have to use the resort roads?

Attachments:
    1. red-lake-bar.png

Reed

I’m not that familiar with the east side I run out on Rogers access on the south side. There aren’t a lot of roadways up there and a lot of the land on the lake may be private. So I can’t say one way or another for walking on personally.

Nik Hammer

That little bar is about two miles straight east from JRs landing I think.. Gonna be a long walk out haha. Gonna have to try to borrow a quad.

Nik Hammer

Or there’s a couple bumps a 1/2 and 3/4 miles north east of Rogers I’ll try. Idk two days of fishing ill be moving around…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.