One pound propane refill

• 3Rivers

Highly recommend the Flame King Refil kit. I went through 2 20lb tanks last year so about 40 refills. No issues at all. Every single time the tank is filled to the same level, you cannot overfill it. I did also buy 4 brass caps for storing them. They work great! Also I just looked and right now on Amazon the kit is the cheapest I’ve seen it. 33.49 for the kit (stand, valve, and a 1lb tank) and 10.98 for each additional tank.

Kit- https://amzn.to/2KSnUfc
    Tank- https://amzn.to/2Oj1FBi

Charles

Been doing it for years filling, rather take a 1lb tanks out with me, just use coming sense and yes don’t store tanks in a heated or attached garage lol.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I used to refill but quit. for the amount of those I use, not worth the time it takes to refill, and the safety factor. thanks but i’ll bring the 20 lber. I did however think of getting an 11 lber but never pulled the pin.

I had best results freezing the empty ones, then as you filled you needed to purge or pull that relief valve. over half leaked, I said to heck with it.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    I buy 1# tanks in bulk when they’re on sale dirt cheap. The risks and hassle of refilling them just isn’t worth it for me.

What’s your definition of dirt cheap and where does this happen?

I guess I can’t say an exact price. “Dirt Cheap” may have been the wrong word to use. I think they run around $2.50 or so in bulk on Black Friday wherever my wife generally finds them in packages. She generally buys me at least a dozen of them when she’s out doing the chaos shopping in exchange for me hanging lights on every inch and peak of the entire house roof flame

Luckily, our local recycling center will take them with no questions asked.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.