Old lures you don’t see or hear about much these days.

• Stanley

Caught a big jumbo perch on a hula popper. I was about 6 or 7 and didn’t really know better on how to use the lure so I was just making it splash as much as possible. Kind of became a game to see how big of a splash I could make. Then out nowhere a fish hit it and I thought it was a big fish but to my surprise when I got it in was a nice jumbo perch.

My youngest son has been using mepps spinners the last couple years and has been getting some nice northers and just got 3 walleyes Sunday evening.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2268.jpeg

ozzyky
    On water

Bills worm

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Doll Top Secret. The only thing I saw caught on it was a snapping turtle. We were surprised how fast the turtle could swim/run along the bottom to catch the lure.

Another bait from Cotton Cordell, the maker of the Big O, is the Spot. Another rattle trap type bait. Caught a lot of bass and norts on them.

We had a few years after the Ratlin’ Raps came out that we smoked bass and norts on them on Tonka on bass opener. After a few outings with slow presentations for walleyes it was fun to cast and crank.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_7214.jpg

2. IMG_7212.jpg

Viewing 3 posts - 61 through 63 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.