NOCO Genius Charger

• 3Rivers

Wondering if anyone else has experienced issues with NOCO Genius charger?

I have 2 bank 5amp and on one of the batteries it won’t switch over from “100% charged mode” to “complete” mode, no matter now long I leave it plugged in.
    It appears to continue applying voltage in the “100% charged mode” as I get a voltage reading of 14.17 with the charger plugged in and 13.3 with the charger unplugged.

I think it might be cooking my battery as I’ve also found it to be low on water. I worry about a fire, etc.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Have you tried switching that bank over to the other battery to see if it does the same thing?

p.s. – My NOCO has been a great unit for the last 2 years.

-J.

Red Eye

I have a 4 bank in my boat. Could be a bad battery or could be the charger. Switch the leads on the 2 batteries. If it does the same thing then probably the charger.
    I had a issue with mine right after I bought it off eBay new in box. One lead wouldn’t charge. I contacted NOCO. Sent the charger to them and received a brand new one in the mail a week later. Very happy with them and the new charger.

3Rivers

NOCO CS told me that it switches over to “complete mode” at 14.5V so I wonder what happens if it never gets to 14.5? Does it continue to apply 14.1v continuously?

3Rivers

Have you tried switching that bank over to the other battery to see if it does the same thing?

p.s. – My NOCO has been a great unit for the last 2 years.

-J.

Well, I switched banks and not only did the problem not follow the battery, it didn’t follow the charger either. Now both show solid green “charge complete”. There must be a slight variance between banks or something…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.