New year's on Red

• Hoyt4
    NULL

Going to be a cold one up there this weekend. I can’t wait to get up there but sure sould like to maybe the positive side of the temp. )

Good luck to everyone getting out this weekend stay warm.

Swivel digger
    NULL

Headed up bright and early in the morning. It’s going to be a cold one for sure, and the roads aren’t the greatest so I’m sure we’ll take our time on the way but it should still be fun. Good luck to everyone going and be safe.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

I just got back from fishing the cold temps earlier this week. Fishing for us was typical URL catching many fish throughout the day. We ate a ton of fish and came home with our 4 per person.

Good luck!

Attachments:
    1. 0C3943E4-F170-417B-A5B6-E87910DFCCC6.jpeg

Hoyt4
    NULL

Well it didn’t fail Red was a blast like always. It did get a little cold out but didn’t keep the fish from biting. This year we caught more 18.5 to 20 inch fish than in the past.

One point in the day on Sunday I stopped in to bring bait over to a buddy since he ran out. I helped him land 6 fish in like 5 minutes it was crazy he would drop and the line already had slack and eating the bait. Fish were hungry that is for sure. We did manage some 12 inch or a little larger perch. One pout caught no crappies this trip and couple pike.
    No one near us one set of houses maybe just under a mile but that was it. Like always Red Buckshot was go too lure and jigging rap. Also caught a 8 or 9 on the Crazy Jig. We fished 6 to 7 ft of water . Besides cathching so many Walleyes the best part we did not break anything in the cold. )

Attachments:
    1. image000001.jpg

2. image000000-1.jpg

3. image000000.jpg

Hoyt4
    NULL

Going to need a couple more whistling whistling

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.